Do you have sales experience in the alcohol beverage industry? Are you a recognized leader with a proven sales record of success? Do you thrive in the fast-paced changing environments of the wine/spirits industry? Apply today to become an integral part of the DFWS Family as a District Manager, Northern California Chains!
You will be responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation, and execution of all tactical sales activities as well as trade/customer marketing activities in the chain grocery and convenience channels to enhance the growth and profitability of the Deutsch brand portfolio in the Northern California area.Who Are You?
What Will You Do?
- You have a college degree
- A beverage industry professional with a minimum of 2 years’ sales experience with a supplier or distributor; wine knowledge strongly suggested
- Experience selling to chain grocery and convenience channels of trade; should have strong existing trade/account relationships; prior measurable success in selling with other supplier or distributor would be desirable
- Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling
- Objective oriented, focused, and aggressive individual who needs little direction or supervision
- Strong team player able to work in an intense, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the distributor sales forces and develop key, retail customer relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate and functional in Microsoft Office
- Able to travel throughout the state on a regular basis for sales initiatives, distributor meetings and market surveys.
- Lift and carry wine bag
- Work with wholesaler sales reps and managers to further their knowledge of the Deutsch portfolio and to develop improved working relationships within these key groups
- Interface directly with key off premise chain accounts to grow our business
- Manage key accounts by targeting sales by brand and monitoring execution via sales reports on a monthly basis
- Assist in overall brand development by identifying new account opportunities and working with distributors to execute
- Utilize market and customer knowledge to assist in development of distributor programs based on available resources
- Monitor and evaluate program execution within distributor sales force while in the trade
- Conduct distributor trainings to help create in-house ambassadors for our brands
- Conduct in-store tastings as necessary to move brands forward (can be nights/weekends)
- Motivate and manage distributor sales forces and executives through leadership; inspire confidence, gain respect as an effective company spokesman
- Utilize distributors account sold data to identify opportunities and achieve improved brand positioning
- Adhere to and effectively communicate company policy
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary in a timely manner
- Conduct sales meetings and product presentations for distributor sales staff