Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ Stamford office currently seeks an experienced full-time Account Manager with the qualifications below. This role is based out of Stamford, CT and has great flexibility between working from home and working in our Stamford, CT headquarters.
The Marketing Services Account Manager
will be an integral member of and leader within the DFWS in-house creative group. We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented team player to help manage in-house creative and programming development for key brands and clients within our organization. The ideal candidate will bring experience working in a fast-paced agency environment, and will have already honed their skills in helping to guide ideation and concept development on big commercial brands, in collaboration with members of a skilled design team. They have a creative agency background, but are yearning for a more stable environment where they can develop long-term relationships with clients, without compromising variety and excitement in their work!
This position will work with the designers, Brand teams, and other internal clients to manage creative development for some of our biggest brands. If you are a person with positive energy, oodles of creativity, and an interest in working in a dynamic and growing organization, we’d love to hear from you.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Experience managing creative and programming development for sizable brands
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a creative agency
- Account Management experience (ideally 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a client-facing capacity), with established track record including experience working autonomously
- Well versed in agency briefing process and 360-degree programming development, with the ability to quickly analyze and critique submitted briefs, and the ability to originate new briefs for work, as needed
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting information both orally and in writing
- Experience working with agencies, printers and/or production
- Ability to take and give feedback in an open, direct manner
- Very strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Problem-solving and proactive mindset
- Ability to have a big picture vision and help prioritize their own and their direct reports’ workloads/projects
- High energy, flexible team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Positive energy, can-do spirit, and a collaborative, diplomatic & customer-service-oriented attitude are a must!
- Manage National Programs and local requests for Brand, Sales, and Strategic Accounts teams, with a high priority on on-time, error-free delivery of high-quality Marketing and Sales materials
- Manage, train, and develop a direct report on the Marketing Services team
- Build expertise on our brands: product differentiators, competitive landscape, etc.
- Understand appropriate research techniques and interpret implications for strategy and creative needs; understand the implications of business strategy on project decisions
- Collaborate and brainstorm with Brand teams to develop briefs and improve brand materials and programs
- Keep up on trends, changes, and competitor actions that impact our brand/category
- Participate in/have exposure to development of brand marketing strategy
- Manage relationships and act as key collaborator with outside vendors, internal clients (Brand/SA), and designers
- Escalate potential problems, recommend and help implement solutions to address issues and improve processes
- Evaluate creative work and provide feedback for revision as needed
- Represent Brand team interests and Brand positioning/strategy to creative team
- Seek solutions and new program/promotional ideas for Brand teams; aid in brainstorming sessions and be a voice to bridge the gap between Sales/Marketing
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure consensus around project scope/deliverables, timing, and legal viability
- Initiate, present, and drive to completion value-added projects
- Negotiate pricing for specific programs/promotional items, find options to reduce cost and increase quality
- Effectively and proactively communicate to Brand teams and other internal clients issues that can result in project cost change
- Responsible for weekly status reports to Brand, either directly or via direct reports
- Set up meetings, include the correct people, and provide accurate agendas and precise, actionable meeting notes
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do.