About The Position
Packaging manager with brewing experience needed to join team. Job will entail planning and scheduling packaging, maintaining equipment, and providing support to cellar team
Destination Unknown Beer Company
Bay Shore, NY
Experienced Packaging Manager with Brewing Experience
DUBCO is seeking a Packaging Manager who brings a high level of responsibility and dedication to the position. This leadership position will head our packaging operation on our Twin Monkeys Gunnison canning line, while maintaining the highest quality and safety standards. A successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively with Ownership, Head Brewer, Production Manager, and Sales Team, and manage a cross-functional team with a safety and quality first mentality, be organized, practice sanitary packaging procedures, carry out preventive maintenance, follow quality control protocols, have a strong mechanical aptitude and be an exceptional problem solver.
The Packaging Manager will also be responsible for QA/QC of canning operations to ensure the product meets required specifications for proper fill weights, seam integrity, DO, pressure and carbonation, and be able to make the required adjustments of packaging equipment to meet specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Head Brewer, Assistant Brewer and Production Manager to coordinate the packaging schedules for the brewery.
- Review efficiency and consistency of packaging operations to determine what changes can be made to improve operations.
- Maintain inventory on packaging materials and provide a weekly ordering schedule.
- Operate, troubleshoot, clean and maintain all packaging equipment.
- Lead packaging team members with a focus on safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Track and Monitor finished goods inventories
- Ensure compliance with operational policies and safety standards to ensure the health and wellness of team members and cleanliness of equipment
- Responsible for maintaining beer quality throughout the packaging process.
- Maintain QA/QC equipment and accurate data logs of analyses
- Understand production systems and diagnose sources of machine failure to make necessary repairs.
- Update the packaging plan to reflect allotments for distribution and all brick and mortar locations
- Provide support to wort production and cellar team as needed including but not limited to, CIP transfers, and brew shifts.
- Establish metrics and reporting as needed to identify opportunities and drive improvement. Assess Packaging departments' performance against standards and objectives as well as forecasting and ordering supplies.
- Improve production efficiencies and yields
- Ensure all record keeping, SOPs, and logs are accurate and up to date.
- Assist in communicating key performance indicators and other pertinent data to packaging team members
- Create and implement a maintenance plan for all packaging related equipment
- Some weekend and or evening work may be required to adhere to production/packaging schedule
- Salary based on experience
- Create and foster a team environment that demonstrates genuine concern for personal and professional development of all employees
2+ years in craft beverage packaging or related industry
- Advanced knowledge of brewing and the fermentation process
- Passion for the art and science of brewing
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Excellent organization and cleanliness habits
- Ability to work in hot/cold and wet environments for 8-12 hours
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Attention to detail, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to lead the packaging crew by example, delegate duties as needed, and make difficult decisions when necessary
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter