About The Position
We’re looking for someone in Austin with a strong connection to the community and passion for Desert Door Texas Sotol to craft and manage unique events, source and maintain brand partnerships as well as influencer outreach, and help share our story locally.
Desert Door is a craft distiller of a premium and unique Texas spirit known as Texas sotol. The spirit is made from the sotol plant which is wild-harvested in West Texas. Desert Door is the only sotol distillery in the United States.
Founded in 2017 - Desert Door remains a small team giving its members a chance to make a big impact. We march to the beat of our own drum and we expect the same from everyone on board. While applicants will spend time brainstorming and collaborating with the marketing & sales team, they must feel comfortable working mostly independently. We are looking for passionate people to help us grow. This position starts at the start of January 2022.
This job will have you managing larger festivals and events that are the pulse of the city, such as Luck Reunion and Hot Luck, but also working on existing Desert Door-created programs such as WILD, the Big Medium artist residency and more, while also creating new initiatives and partnerships.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating grass-root brand experiences in the Austin area (and beyond - West Texas, South Texas)
- Sourcing partnerships, collaborations, and sponsored events in your market
- Developing a relationship with makers and creators with a similar ethos to collaborate
- Finding and maintaining relationships with brand ambassadors in your market
- Marketing event design, execution, initiatives and management
- Brainstorming new initiatives and ways to connect with drinkers and maintain the relationship + execution
- Management and execution of WILD, Big Medium Artists Residency, + our Unreleased Music Program
- Working with the sales team to help with execution of on-premise events and some off-premise initiatives
- Collecting consumer information to grow Desert Door's networks
- Creating event run of show and communicate any design, advertising or social media needs leading up to an event
- Finding unique ways to connect field marketing events to sales
- Creating opportunities to connect with local influencers, bartenders and media
- Working with our sales team to craft and manage activations at bars and restaurants
- Following account leads at bars and restaurants to create product placements
- Working with our design and social media team to help spread the word on events and create momentum in your region.
- Must be 21+ and have reliable transportation with willingness to travel within the territory
- Strong understanding of the Austin market and culture
- Interest in or passion for Desert Door (you'll need to speak about the brand during the interview process)
- Passion for events, event planning, and marketing
- Creativity and ability to collaborate with creatives
- Experience in the events and/or restaurant industry
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- This is a full time position, so must be able to work 40+ hours per week
- Full focus on owning this position - we want people who are hoping to make it their own and be the absolute brand ambassador in the region.
- Send over a short note about you and why you want to work with Desert Door
- Submit your resume
- Share any details on your hobbies and interests (arts, sports, design) as well as your goals
Job Types: Full time