About The Position
We are looking for a professional to join our team and serve as our Regional Roe & Co Brand Ambassador in California.
As the largest segment within spirits, whiskey is an exciting category to work in. Specifically, the Irish Whiskey category is witnessing tremendous growth with the category continuing to premiumize as consumers explore new options.
Roe & Co Blended Irish Whiskey is a new ultra-premium contemporary blend that launched in the U.S. in 2019. We are looking for a professional to join our team and serve as our Regional Roe & Co Brand Ambassador in California. In this role, you must have a contagious passion for the Irish Whiskey category and be excited about sharing our unique whiskey with consumers, trade, and media. We are looking for someone who is already a member of the spirits community, has commercial expertise, and is an excellent public speaker, as you will be recognized as the face of Roe & Co during regional consumer events, during brand trainings with On and Off Premise customers, on social media, and during interviews. A deep understanding and background of 3 tier system and experience working with beer or liquor distributors.. You will cover multiple markets within California and will be required to travel throughout the U.S. Aportion of work hours will be spent at events (virtual or live) on evenings and weekends and where permitted, working face-to-face with the spirits community.
Trade Responsibilities (60%):
- Build out and host creative and engaging virtual and live events and trainings to bring the Roe & Co portfolio to life
- Lead presentations with crowds of any size
- Help develop business and cocktail solutions for key accounts to leverage Roe & Co Whiskey
- Develop relationships to support sales across the US
- Gain distribution and menu placements at accounts
- Build relationships to become a trusted source for all things Roe & Co among bartenders, account managers, distributors and all other spirit industry professionals
- Support all parties in their commercial planning around Roe & Co sales goals
Consumer Responsibilities (30%):
- Engage whiskey drinkers with genuine connections in the retail, event, and virtual environments
- Captivate the consumer in any occasion to provide brand education, history, and liquid credentials with the appropriate presentation materials and delivery
- Provide support for consumer events in the planning phase and on-site execution up to brand standards and expectations
- Communicate consumer opportunities for Roe & Co based on local networking and activity
Media, Financial & Reporting Responsibilities (10%):
- Undergo media trainings to appropriately represent the brand as an authorized representative to speak on behalf of Roe & Co with approved talking points
- Representation within press materials as the official Roe & Co ambassador
- Engage as needed in media interaction ie: interviews, quotes or reviewing of editorial content or press materials
- Use of multiple social media channels to showcase regional Roe & Co activity
- Must be passionate about the spirits industry, experience within Irish Whiskey is a bonus
- Familiar with 3 tier system and experience working with beer or liquor distributors.
- 5+ years of experience in the industry
- Performance and presentation experience
- Work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Ability to travel 50% of the time outside of home market
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office