About The Position
Fast-growing wine & spirits company seeks a dynamic individual to grow its portfolio in Texas. Achieve sales goals and profit objectives by working with our distributor and key trade accounts.
The Texas Market Manager is responsible for supporting the achievement of volume, distribution, merchandising, and pricing performance in key markets. Responsibility is focused on Off-Premise and On-Premise chain and independent accounts. Inherent in this responsibility is managing wholesaler relationships as well as major customer relationships. The Texas Market Manager is responsible for calling on and activating Key Accounts as well as working with wholesaler teams to achieve overall depletions and distribution targets.
· Ride with Distributor Sales and call on Key accounts at the direction of RSM.
· Sell in and manage key on and off premise accounts within your area to develop strong working relationships. Present and leverage our brands for increased volume and assist distributor in attaining our objectives.
· Be visible at the distributor office, meeting with sales representatives and management to ensure share of mind.
· Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy. This would also include execution of national initiatives in your local market.
· Act as primary contact for distributor sales teams to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs while providing support for all sales related activities.
· Actively participate in promotions /events which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
· Attend brand promotions and tastings once a week. Execute product seminars at accounts and with the distributor sales teams.
· Provide National Account Mandate compliance updates as they come due.
· Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
· Maintain calendar of activities and promotions and ensure distributor and third-party agencies have successful communications.
· Provide bi-weekly market activity report to RSM. Include list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activity, special projects and/or any needs.
· Provide market and competitive brand updates to RSM. This would include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes, staffing changes at distributor and competitors.
· Review programs and execution updates with distributor field management.
· Provide feedback on effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives. This would be for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
· Complete special projects such as verifying pricing and or distribution at on or off premise accounts.
· Participate in out of market sales blitzes.
· Meet with distributor sales teams on a monthly basis, including General Sales and individual team meetings.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Requires minimum of 2-5 years sales experience within the beverage alcohol industry.
· Must reside in Dallas Proper (Preferred)