At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental bonding), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food. All internal candidates will need to obtain approval from hiring manager and HRBP. This is required prior to applying for the role.
Danone North America is looking for a SR EHS Manager - COI in City of Industry, CA manufacturing facility. Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the development and execution of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs to ensure that the Company provides a safe workplace for employees and minimizes impacts to the environment. This position will lead compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations. The incumbent will implement a sustainable environmental, health and safety management system at a plant level and drive EHS performance improvement and efficiency. This position will participate in the Danone North America EHS Leadership Network.
The incumbent is successful through strong leadership, vision, and effective management and ensure these goals in a professional atmosphere that enhances Company economic viability. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build proactive safety culture at plant through a WISE2 Safety Management System. Create environment where employees, supervision and plant functional leaders are engaged in working safely.
- Develop and implement EHS programs, policies, procedures and best practice techniques, implement new regulatory requirements, and provide control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the Company.
- Develop, implement and drive cost-effective compliance and safety and environmental programs. Drive and support EHS capex projects.
- Oversee and drive waste management and minimization strategies and achievement of Zero Waste to Landfill
- Implement and maintain an EHS Management Systems and integrate EHS into other plant systems and processes.
- Conduct EHS assessments at the facility, identify areas for improvement, lead corrective actions (from plant and corporate/3 rd party audits). Report EHS results to manufacturing Plant Director and Sr. Director, Environmental Health and Safety. Participate in audits of other facilities.
- Oversee all EHS training programs and requirements.
- Investigate injuries/illnesses, near-misses and environmental incidents. Determine root cause of incidences and provide corrective action plan. Manage and track injury and illness data and environmental metrics. Lead reduction in injury and illness rates and environmental impact and costs. Serve as a champion for Sustainability projects.
- Prepare, maintain, and comply with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting and Corporate EHS Standards. Advise on all EHS legislation and legal requirements. Ensure facility maintains ongoing compliance with Cal-OSHA/EPA requirements, safety standards, wastewater treatment plant operations, air permits and waste management practices.
- Serve as the interface with local, state and federal agencies .
. Preferred Candidate Qualifications: Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Masters in Safety Environmental Health, Chemistry, or related field.
- Must be knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Must have 7+ years of plant and manufacturing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
- Effective management skills.
- Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
- Creates alignment
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines and multiple tasks
- Ability to assess and implement EHS best practices.
- Excellent organization, recordkeeping and documentation skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Climbing and bending during walkthroughs of the plant.
- Some prolonged sitting and bending from office work.
- Normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Some exposure to moving parts and machines, chemicals, and slippery environments.
- Working under stressful conditions or occasionally working irregular hours.
- Some exposures to extreme temperatures.
- Some donning of personal protective equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a general office environment where the noise level is usually moderate. Required:
- Be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Be able to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations in making business decisions. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point in time.
- Handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
- Be able to communicate and provide verbal feedback in a professional manner.
- Be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Help maintain compliance in HACCP, FQP, GMP and Safety.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf