Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Shift Mechanic in Bridgeton, NJ.
Job Title: Shift Mechanic Job Code: N/A Department :
Maintenance Department Number: Location:
Bridgeton Reports to:
Reliability Lead Exempt/Non-Exempt:
Non-Exempt JOB SUMMARY:
Maintenance Mechanics ensures the safe and efficient operation of machinery and equipment by completing corrective and preventive maintenance, analyzing equipment operational issues, and providing corrective actions to solve performance issues. requirements Packaging line equipment includes, but is not limited to fillers, cappers, case packers, palletizers and other various types of industrial and production machines including motors, pumps, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, coders etc. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand and power tools, hydraulic presses and shears, welding equipment, and electronic diagnostic.
Efficiently and successfully perform work assignments based on work assigned by the planner and lead mechanic.
Ensure Work level and performance is maintained to the highest standard. These will be reviewed by the Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Manager (Work is considered: Work orders, emergency repairs, Line walks to identify required repairs, assisting production, meetings, paperwork completion. Etc.)
Keep complete and accurate records on all maintenance data. Ensure all work orders, preventive maintenance, emergency calls, and parts used, are logged into the maintenance planning system to ensure everything essential is captured.
Tour and network regularly with other departments. Examine objects, systems, and facilities. Analyze information to determine needed services or repairs. Share data to maintenance planning system, lead, planner, and supervisor.
Assist in the development, implementation, and/or evaluation of maintenance policies and procedures.
Inspect and monitor work in operational areas, examine tools and equipment to detect and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures, safety rules, and cleanliness.
Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools and gauges to verify conformance to standards and repair requirements.
Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts.
Interpret specifications, blueprints, schematics and work orders to assist in repairs.
Coordinate with lead, planner, and supervisor in the correction/modification of work instructions that provide direction to the Maintenance department.
Must be able to work shift work, nights and weekends and holidays as needed.
Other duties as assigned by the Planner/Lead/Supervisor/Manager. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The qualified Maintenance Mechanic needs to possess the following skills:
• Safety oriented with ability to work with a team or individually as required.
• Detail oriented with strong technical knowledge with extensive knowledge of repairing and maintenance of equipment
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Thrive in a team-based environment
• Basic computer skills (email, MS office, CMMS)
• Ability to read, understand and identify parts from mechanical drawings
• Ability to read one-line electrical drawings to aid in troubleshooting.
• Ability to navigate and decipher ladder logic programs to aid in troubleshooting.
• Possess a root cause identification, problem elimination mentality.
• Maintains continuity among cross functional teams by maintaining documentation, communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with and adhering to all Safety, Quality, Union and House rules.
• Autonomous maintenance and Planned Maintenance (TPM) program participation
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Minimum of 2 years of practical and/or classroom training on mechanical and manufacturing based machinery. Fiver years experience preferred.
• Verifiable High School diploma or GED
• Experience in the dairy. food and beverage industry strongly desired.
• Experience in most of the following: Process Control System (RS View), instrumentations, pumps, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, electrical, hydraulic, lubrication, compressors, utilities, boilers, and ammonia-based systems
• Allen-Bradley RS Logix 5000 experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of servo driven equipment and associated components.
• Exhibit the drive to own assigned equipment (production lines) to increase throughput
• Ability to safely use basic machine shop equipment for their intended purposes. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent math skills, ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. REASONING ABILITY:
- Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and organize
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITITES:
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
- Team player; work with fellow employees and management while providing a high level of customer service to our customers.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with equipment maintenance work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
Required to lift and / or move up to 35 pounds.
Must be able to distinguish colors accurately WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
The employee is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf