At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Quality Engineer - Dallas in our Dallas, Texas manufacturing facility. All internal candidates will need to obtain approval from hiring manager and HRBP. This is required prior to applying for the role. Position Summary
The Quality Engineer will support the implementation of the Danone North America Quality Assurance standards through technical guidance, analysis, and leadership to continuously improve quality performance. The Quality Engineer is accountable for capability assessment and improvement in the areas of food safety controls, product specification performance, as well as cleaning and sanitation validation. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance, analysis, and leadership driving improvements in sanitation processes/systems, and food manufacturing processes.
- Assess process capability across key product platforms.
- Compile and analyze KPIs indicative of production line health (quality performance, microbiological quality, preventive maintenance, sanitation effectiveness, etc.) and drive improvement actions.
- Support the analysis of customer and consumer feedback to identify improvement opportunities. Drive improvement by implementing corrective actions.
- Troubleshoot non-conformances (raw materials, packaging, product, environmental monitoring, etc.) and drive root cause analysis. Assign corrective action, collaborate with supply-quality and other functions, and follow-up on completion.
- Support the validation of cleaning effectiveness via the Neptune (sanitation) program.
- Lead change management processes related to new products, packaging, equipment, production processes, etc.
- Support plant GFSI and FSMA initiatives and participate as a member of the Food Safety Team.
- Support the development of quality and sanitation SOPs.
- Provide training and mentoring to operations teams on food safety and quality related topics to develop a strong quality culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in a science related field (Microbiology, Food Safety, or similar) or other technical discipline required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing industry, including supervisory experience required. Prior experience in dairy/food/beverage manufacturing industry strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to establish, optimize and maintain world-class quality system and team.
- Prior experience using structured and data driven problem-solving techniques (RCPS, DMAIC, Six-sigma, LEAN, etc.).
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to influence others and be a team player.
- The ability to develop/implement core work practices and standards that ensure excellence in quality.
- The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve complicated quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- The ability to multitask and manage priorities while allocating time to long-term, quality continuous improvement projects.
- Strong "self-management" skills and be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Established project management skills. Must bring leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with various levels of plant and corporate personnel and influence others.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facilities. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion. #LI-NORAM http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf