At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Quality Assurance Document Control Specialist - MTC in our Mount Crawford, Virginia manufacturing facility. This high visibility position is responsible for managing and coordinating the quality compliance activities at the Mount Crawford manufacturing facility. This includes the activities associated with SQF, the Food Safety Modernization Act, Non-GMO Verified Project, Organic and Kosher programs at the facility. This position will assist the QA Manager and Food Safety Supervisor with all compliance related activities and acts as a liaison with regulatory inspectors in compliance related activities. The success of this position in meeting objectives is measured by internal, regulatory and external audits measuring compliance to standards. RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will maintain all systems, programs related to:
- GFSI Standards (SQF, FSSC 22000, QAI, GMO, Organic and others)
- Maintain facility good standing
- Function as the document control administer for the facility
- Manage manual or internet-based document system and serve as the administrator for the program
- Assist the audit function for the standard
- Lead the annual Review of Controlled Documents at the facility
- Coordinate corrective action program for audits at the facility
- Food Safety Modernization Act and LACF Regulations
- Manage record review process and collect and organize manufacturing records into daily folders
- Note any documentation deficiencies and coordinate with owner(s) to correct documentation.
- Non-GMO Verified Project Compliance
- Kosher compliance
- Organic compliance
- Maintain and review all food safety related recording forms
- Maintain the calibration documentation for plant process equipment. Coordinate site visits and act as primary interface between contractor and company.
- Follow up on activities and closure of corrective action items that result from audit programs
- Provide support to QA department for special projects.
- Stay current with key regulatory and certifying agency guidelines and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have a Bachelors Degree in food science or other technical field.
- You have 3-5 years combined experience with food or ingredients and manufacturing experience.
- You have SQF practitioner certification
- Prior experience with HACCP, food safety and Quality Management preferred
- You will have knowledge of State and Federal regulatory programs for food manufacturing
- You will have the ability and knowledge to perform record review (i.e. pasteurization records and LACF documents)
- You have knowledge of kosher processes, Non-GMO Verification Project, and regulations for food manufacturing.
- You have the ability to work under deadlines
- You have the ability to multitask
- You are self-driven, results oriented, organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently
- Ability to work with confidential materials
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as excellent record keeping and documentation skills
- You have strong computer skills and are proficient in the use of MS office products, SAP.
- You have knowledge of plant production systems, plant sanitation, safety, quality systems and GMP's.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.#LI-NORAM http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Similar jobs to check out:
Job Location: Hazleton, PA Summary: The Hershey Company Hazleton plant is a Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a h...
Job Location: Hershey PA Job Summary: This role is designed to support Innovation with a focus on food safety, speed to market, including "atypical" approaches to develop, manufacture and market n...
Location: Hazleton, PAPay: Qualified Rate-$32.57Summary:The Hazleton Plant of The Hershey Company, a manufacturer of chocolate and confectionary products, has an immediate opening for a Controls Technician.