At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 18 weeks paid parental bonding), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food. All internal candidates will need to obtain approval from hiring manager and HRBP. This is required prior to applying for the role.
Danone North America is looking for a Production Supervisor, Nights - Bridgeton in Bridgeton, NJ.POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Production Leader is directly responsible for the results of a line, value stream team, or technology group. Owns Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Mobility, Nature. The Production Leader is responsible for evaluating all losses and developing plans to systematically eliminate those losses. The Production leader directly coaches team leaders on every shift and oversees 15 to 30 employees in packaging and/or processing operations and makes sure all products coming off the line have the highest quality possible.
Accountable for supporting all shifts across 7 days of production. Displays servant leadership abilities that help empower line employees to performance levels that contribute to the achievement of corporate, plant, and individual goals. In support of plant production, the Production Leader will spend 60-80% of their time on the plant floor. This position may be fixed on day shift or support off shifts; independent of shift scheduled, this position is responsible to coach and develop leads / teams on every shift within their area/lines. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the Safety of our People and our products
- Owns and leads Autonomous Maintenance work processes and step execution. Must develop personal mastery of AM through execution of Learn-Do-Teach. Checks standards adherence to 5S and Clean, Inspect, Lube execution daily.
- Creates equipment ownership concept in their area and coaches/develops Equipment Owners on the floor to enable them to achieve individual goals.
- Owns the budget and delivers year over year improvement for their lines
- Support supply chain loss analysis/elimination. Solve process instability problems. Coach necessity and use of Problem Solving tools
- Drive cultural change by leading the organization engagement surveys results
- Identify Skill gaps in organization - address using task based training approach
- Execute or coach use of start-up management tools for new initiatives.
- Coach use of Standard Work to eliminate NVA work, coach link to effort reduction
- Creates, develops, and executes strategic plans to hit plant goals and objectives set by business unit manager. Develop and execute loss analysis, glide path and 90 day improvement plans for the line(s). Prioritizes top losses for the year and creates action plan to deliver. Creates visual Plan-Do-Check-Act Board for their area to visualize plan and performance.
The Line Leader is responsible for system ownership of Daily Direction Setting (DDS), Clean-Inspect-Lubricate (CIL) in support of Danone Operational Excellence pillars (AM and Leadership)
- DDS-Sets direction for daily action planning to ensure success in the areas of safety, quality, and performance. Owner of DDS process for area. Develops daily plan for the day, focusing on stops reduction, loss elimination and operator coaching.
- CIL-Execute and coach Clean-Inspect-Lubricate process as part of AM process to support basic conditions of equipment.
- Utilizes principles of continuous improvement (Lean) and TPM to drive production line improvement
- Implements and follows all safety procedures as stated in MOS, GMP, safety standards, and code of ethics. Owns Safety Incident Elimination
- System for their area and coach implementation. Review incident investigations and ensure the actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment for all employees and visitors. Ensures all safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics are followed by employees, supervisors, customers, and visitors at all times.
- Trains, disciplines (with advice from HR), and gives timely performance appraisals to current leads and employees on aseptic and/or ESL and/or Processing production teams.
- Conducts regularly scheduled team meetings including pre-shift meetings, and tailgate meetings.
- Able to back-up or represent the production manager and operations manager as required.
- Will be a member and valued contributor to one of Danone Operational Excellence Pillars
- Champion the deployment of business systems
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Preferred Candidate Qualifications:Education and Experience:
- Lead / facilitate / participate in continuous improvement events
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Food Science or related field with five to ten years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Equivalent work experience and training will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with leading teams in a high paced manufacturing environment preferred.
- Prior consumer packaging experience preferred.
- Planning, scheduling and project management experience preferred
- Ability to develop spreadsheets, understand product formulas and percentages, calculate figures, proportions, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read data from charts, graphs, and instruments, and find digressions.
- Strategic ability to create, design, and implement improvements to current procedures.
- Able to think quickly on their feet, especially in emergency situations.
- Can direct or participate in project management from concept to closure, including
- Able to add and complete work of other production supervisors as needed.
- Knows all the safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics and follows them strictly at all time
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf