ABOUT THE JOB
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Production Line Leader - MTC in our Mount Crawford, Virginia manufacturing facility. This role is responsible for all aspects of leading and managing a group of lines within a business unit team. The primary purpose of Business Units is to ensure that products are produced in line with safety, quality and consumer requirements. Incumbents are responsible for ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly production KPIs are met for People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Growth. This is a complex, fast paced production setting. RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
- Train, coach, mentor, and provide feedback/recognition to associates
- Lead the Business Unit by ensuring daily focus on SQDCG (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & Growth) visual management process to ensure goals and consumer needs are met
- Responsible for monitoring the performance and corrective actions for the Business Unit, ensuring that information boards are continually updated with daily, weekly and monthly information
- Review long-term data trends and facilitate remedial activities using CI methodologies to determine root cause and fix
- Ensure that Safety, Quality and 5S auditing and corrective measures are complete for all areas within the Business Unit
- Develop detailed manpower and material resourcing plans to ensure that bottlenecks are removed and all delivery commitments are met on time and in full
- Champion the deployment of business systems
- Lead / facilitate / participate in continuous improvement events
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, keeping teams updated regarding issues affecting performance and seeking guidance where needed
- Lead the team and manage any employee relation matters, with guidance sought from HR
- Ensure appropriate knowledge of facility and industry related regulations, s upport and deploy all plant initiatives such as: MOS (management operating system), TPM (total productive maintenance), Maintenance Excellence, SQF (safe quality foods), etc.
- Maintain audit ready status
- You have a Bachelor's degree.
- You have a minimum five years supervisory experience and/or training. Prior experience in Food/Beverage manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Combination of education, experience or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required is acceptable.
- You have clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong leadership abilities.
- You have strong computer skills including the use of MS Office programs, SAP, and CMMS systems.
- You have demonstrated ability to build strong, effective teams
- You have the ability to mentor and develop productive staff
- You have a basic understanding of budgeting and cost control
- You have the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- You have the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf