At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic (nights) in our West Jordan, Utah manufacturing facility. Specific responsibilities include:
Maintenance Mechanics ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing corrective and preventive maintenance requirements on various types of industrial equipment including motors, pumps, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions. Additional responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using a variety of tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with and adhering to all applicable state and federal law, company ISO Quality Program, as well as any safety/health and environmental policies and procedures rules, and regulations.
- Autonomous maintenance and Planned Maintenance (TPM) program Participation
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years of practical and/or classroom training on mechanical and manufacturing based machinery. Individuals with experience in the dairy, food and beverage industry strongly desired. Experience should include a combination in most of the following: Process Control System (RS View), instrumentations, pumps, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, electrical, hydraulic, lubrication, compressors, utilities, boilers, and ammonia-based systems
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- The ability to write routine reports, SOPs, and correspondence
- The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Thorough understanding of mechanical procedures as related to manufacturing maintenance applications.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Physical demands: regularly stand, walk, talk and hear; reach, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Frequently lift 25 lbs up to 50 lbs. Close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to quickly adapt to a changing work environment, competing demands, and delays or unexpected events
- The ability to work in wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. Employee is frequently standing on a concrete surface for 12-hour shifts in a moderately noisy work environment.
- Must be able to work night shift and which could include weekends and/or holidays.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.#LI-NORAM http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf