Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Logistics Associate (Nights) - Dallas in Dallas, TX. SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through planning and control of the flow of goods and materials of different product families following regulatory standards. RESPONSIBILITES:
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Education and Experience:
- Must be able to understand and follow company policies and procedures.
- Operate all equipment safely and efficiently.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems to obtain maximum efficiency without sacrificing product quality and minimize waste.
- Maintain FIFO inventory system of raw materials and finished product through the cycle count process.
- Understand and operate warehouse management system (SAP) to function in all daily tasks in the Logistics Department.
- Maintain written records as required by federal and state regulations.
- Flexibility to work weekends, shifts and overtime.
- Ability to follow specifications, policies and procedures to guarantee uniformity, accuracy and damage free product.
- Communicate during shift change with incoming associates to maintain product supply for order selection.
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and safe working environment, 5-S.
- Perform daily inspection of equipment and report any mechanical issues to supervision to help resolve problems and minimize downtime.
- Diagnose and correct minor issues with equipment.
- Participate/assist with equipment maintenance.
- Provide break relief where needed to support business needs.
- Attend all assigned meetings.
- Ensures all safety rules are followed.
- Assist in the review of warehouse practices to develop new procedures to reduce expense, improve inventory accuracy, efficiency and service.
- Conduct other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Twelve (12) months related experience and/or equivalent combination of educational experience.
- Qualified candidates with current / one or more years of stand-up Reach truck experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write, interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow simple instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to demonstrate superb decision-making ability to determine best course of action.
- 12 months+ of relevant Reach Forklift experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to lift and move up to fifty-five (55) pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, day or night.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is temperature controlled at 33-44 degrees Fahrenheit.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf