At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a HR Specialist in our West Jordan, Utah manufacturing facility. POSITION SUMMARY:
This position reports to the Senior Human Resources Manager. Responsible for providing support to plant employees in the areas of payroll, employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, employment status change, new hire orientation, policy and program development, compliance, HR systems, reporting and recordkeeping. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Preferred Candidate Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Process employment changes including data gathering, completion of applicable documents, securing approval & submission in HR systems.
- Generate a variety of HR reports, analyze, format and present data as required using a variety of HR and MS tools and systems.
- Maintain employee physical and electronic files and records to ensure legal compliance.
- Assists with a variety of projects to include HR data audits, new hire orientation, new policy and program development and implementation, etc.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Submits online background and drug screening requests and assists with new-employee background checks. Partner with Benefits team to administer leave of absence for assigned business units.
- First point of contact for systems, process & policy questions (Ceridian Dayforce).
- Interact with internal and external partners such as Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Legal, HRIS etc.
- Ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave claims to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with the HR Service Center and Payroll to ensure that pay for employees is accurate and correct.
- Maintains appropriate contact with employees on leave. Partners closely with all HR business partners (HRBPs) on all leave cases, and coordinates with HRBPs on all aspects of return to work for employees on leave.
- Process bi-weekly and weekly payroll
- Verify Manager / local HR representatives approve and sign off on timecards
- Validate employee change request are completed correctly
- Make updates to the payroll system
- Load hours from time and attendance system to payroll system
- Audit and balance payroll
- Process wage attachments and garnishments
- Process calculation for overtime premium
- Process Union dues, Union Health and Welfare payments, and Union Life Insurance
- Address employee questions concerning pay and/or payroll deductions
- Provide support to plant leadership team on various projects
- Demonstrate knowledge of all pay policies including various union agreements in order to manage all error identification and resolution related to payroll and time keeping system
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Bachelor's degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years of Human Resource experience. Prior experience processing payroll, preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience directly related to supporting HR Compliance initiatives preferred.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed individual with initiative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management skills that range from conception to planning, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus, collaboration and teamwork. Key to this competency is the ability to listen, prioritize and deliver accurate and speedy results.
- Ability to build a strong internal and external network of resources, and to successfully partner with people of various levels and backgrounds. This requires tact, diplomacy, and ability to keep confidence
- Flexibility and willingness to learn by giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Ceridian Dayforce experience is a plus).
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion. #LI-NORAM http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf