Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry. MISSION STATEMENT
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.JOB SUMMARY
Cresco Labs is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources to join our growing team and support our Emerging Markets Operations across the East Coast Region, including MA, NY, OH, and PA. The VP of HR is a key player in driving effective talent management overall while looking for ways to enhance and be more progressive in our HR practices related to performance management, employee engagement, Diversity & Inclusion and talent development initiatives. The VP of HR is enthusiastic about leading a team of HR Business Partners, partnering with the internal HR team, leadership and employees to provide the ultimate employee experience. CORE JOB DUTIES
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Acts as a strategic HR business partner to their assigned departments and responsible for balancing the needs of the group with those of the overall organization.
- Develops and refines organization-wide Human Resources strategies and solutions to drive organizational performance and improve/maintain the quality of Cresco's culture.
- Supports Cresco's culture by ensuring that HR practices are aligned with company objectives, facilitating and coordinating effective communications, fostering a positive environment that recognizes accomplishments, and measuring success.
- Coaches management on employee relations matters, effective communication and coaching skills, employee performance management and risk management.
- Serves as a change agent, planning and implementing effective change management strategies, communications, and training in support of major organization change/transformation initiatives. Provides feedback on and monitors effectiveness of those initiatives.
- Helps implement effective programs, processes and HR policies; Provides support, including hiring, new hire orientation, staffing, compensation, wellness and benefits, training, development, team relations, D&I and engagement.
- Completes special projects and objectives, conducts research, develops and organizes information, and delivers results.
- Drives effective performance management, compensation, and promotion cycles within assigned teams; motivate/ inspire management to set and hold employees accountable to high standards of performance.
- Minimum of 10 years in a human resources generalist role with prior experience in the following areas is required:
- Employee relations (all employee and executive level)
- Performance and Talent Management
- Policy review, interpretation and implementation
- Project and program management
- New hire assimilation and on-boarding
- Minimum of 3 years in an HR leadership role managing key senior level relationship, teams, and projects, preferably within a multi-site manufacturing and/or warehousing environment.
- Complete understanding of HR policies and procedures and demonstrated interest or experience with progressive HR.
- Strong leadership and change management or organizational development skills.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport and trusting relationships with all levels of organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Enjoys working in an agile, fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 30% throughout the region
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.