Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry. MISSION STATEMENT
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to. JOB SUMMARY
Cresco Labs is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Technician to join our manufacturing team. As a QA Technician, you will be responsible for assisting with quality-related activities at the facility associated with start-up verification, in-process verifications & checks, and sampling and inspection of finished products. Product families include cannabis flower, cannabis oil, manufacturing infused products (lotion, capsules, vape pens/cartridges, transdermal patches), and food products (chocolate, gummies, cookies). This position will also help ensure products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications and brand consistency. You will also assist in identifying potential quality risks and working with operations personnel to develop improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail and experience working within a highly regulated industry. CORE JOB DUTIES
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Performs finished product sampling and inspection.
- Performs equipment and product line clearances before production runs.
- Performs in-process verifications to ensure product weights, correct labeling & packaging.
- Performs verifications on finished product with metal detection or x-ray, as deemed necessary.
- Inspects retain samples and customer return samples, as deemed necessary.
- Assists in customer complaints and product investigations, helping to assess risk, identify root cause and quarantine product.
- Inspects packaged orders to ensure correct content and quantities, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews in-process batch documentation to ensure real-time compliance to product specifications, good documentation practices and written policies/procedures.
- Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) guidance.
- Conducts all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines.
- May require travel to other states or facilities to assist with inspections or quality issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, a plus
- 1-3 years' experience in a quality-focused role
- Prior experience in highly regulated industry. Highly desirable: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), cannabis. Highly desirable: FDA, HACCP, SQF experience
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control function
- Prior experience with product sampling, inspection procedures, customer complaints, product investigations, and CAPA
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures
- Ability to create or update written procedures with site operations personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Similar jobs to check out:
Job Location: Hazleton, PA Summary: The Hershey Company Hazleton plant is a Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a h...
Job Location: Hershey, PA Please note that this is a 2nd Shift position Summary: The Hershey Company Reese plant is a Non-Union plant producing products such as Peanut Butter Cups & Kit Kat ...
COMPANY OVERVIEWRecently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to beco...