Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry. MISSION STATEMENT
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.JOB SUMMARY
Cresco Labs is seeking a Corporate Communications Manager to join our Corporate Communications team in Chicago, IL. The Corporate Communications Manager's top responsibility is to manage internal communications to inform, educate and engage Cresco's employees. This individual will develop and execute new initiatives, as well as manage and enhance existing internal communications programs, including but not limited to the weekly employee newsletter and digital bulletin boards in all Cresco-owned and operated cultivation and processing facilities and retail dispensaries.
The Corporate Communications Manager reports to the Corporate Communications Director who will oversee Internal Communications and support this function. This position is a cross-functional role and the individual will collaborate closely with the Human Resources department and other departments as necessary to inform employees in a timely, clear, concise, and transparent manner. In addition, the Corporate Communications Manager will collaborate with Cresco's leadership team, both taking direction and giving advice on strategies and tactics to best communicate company news and information internally.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong self-starter characteristics, including taking initiative, creatively problem-solving and collaborating well across the Corporate Communications and Human Resources teams. The ideal candidate is results-oriented, excels in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys multi-tasking with minimal supervision.CORE JOB DUTIES
- Draft and execute a comprehensive internal communications strategy in partnership with the Human Resources department that addresses goals and tactics for speaking to employees across cultivation and processing facilities, retail dispensaries and the corporate office.
- Support the development and execution of various initiatives in collaboration with the Human Resources team that are designed to further build and maintain a strong corporate culture.
- Plan, develop fresh ideas, source information and write/edit content for priority communications outlets, including the weekly employee newsletter and facility digital bulletin boards.
- Help develop key messages and coordinate logistics for company presentations and events, such as Town Hall meetings.
- Keep employees abreast of company news and helpful resources for Cresco's employee intranet.
- Craft messaging and talking points as needed for Cresco's leadership team to articulate relevant corporate news as well as the company's position on various industry, societal and regulatory news and happenings.
- Ensure organizational goals, core values, initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Guarantee internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Chief Communications Officer and Communications Director to ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Maintain a cataloged archive of all Cresco Labs internal communications and metrics for internal reporting as well as future use and reference.
- Follow the company's brand guidelines across all internal communication materials to maintain an appropriate voice, tone and style of communication.
- 5-7 years of corporate or agency experience developing and implementing internal communications strategies.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tell compelling stories and craft strong narratives.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with the Corporate Communications and Human Resources departments as well as all business units and employees.
- Needs to possess the confidence to collaborate with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
- A strong track record of high-level implementation who thrives on managing a variety of key projects concurrently.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to follow strict deadlines.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.