Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry. MISSION STATEMENT
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to. JOB SUMMARY
Cresco Labs is seeking an Associate General Counsel - Securities and Corporate Governance to join the team at our Chicago Headquarters. This role will prepare and manage the company's securities filings with the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) and Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) and oversee and support corporate governance matters relating to the company's policies and the functioning of its Board of Directors. CORE JOB DUTIES
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Prepares, manages and oversees the company's filings with the BCSC and CSE, including annual, monthly, quarterly and other periodic reports, material change and other current reports, management information circulars and proxy materials, insider beneficial ownership reporting, and filings and other documents relating to securities offerings.
- Oversees and provides support to the Board of Directors and its Committees in the areas of public disclosures, applicable law, corporate governance and policies, organizational documents and committee charters, oversight responsibilities, executive compensation and other public company obligations and best practices.
- Drafting and filing of the company's management information circular and related proxy materials, including managing shareholder and management proposals. Advises on annual information form and shareholder meeting.
- Ensures compliance with BSCS and CSE rules and regulations working closely with Canadian outside counsel.
- Provides legal support and guidance with respect to executive compensation, as well as equity plan administration and trading windows.
- Provides legal support to the Corporate Secretary, including the drafting, preparation and review of Board of Director meeting agendas, minutes, resolutions, consents and other materials.
- Collaborates and provides legal guidance on external communications such as earnings releases, press releases, investor presentations and marketing materials, and the company's website.
- Acts as a key business partner and advisor to the company's executive team as well as the investor relations, internal audit, finance, human resources and corporate communications functions.
- Provides strategic counseling on, drafts and interprets company policies and procedures, including ethics and compliance policies.
- Provides training to company personnel on legal topics.
- Responds to legal requests and queries from individuals in all areas and all levels within the organization, and proactively recognizes and addresses potential legal issues as they arise.
- Monitors and maintains awareness of pending regulations and developments that are relevant to the company's business interests, particularly relating to corporate governance and public company matters.
- Manages outside counsel and assigned portion of Legal function budget.
- Provides support for M&A transactions, contracts review, compliance, litigation and other legal projects, as needed.
- 5+ years law firm and/or public company in-house experience working on securities offerings and reporting and corporate governance matters.
- Strong verbal and written communication, research, organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to effectively engage in Cresco's culture.
- Deep interest in the subject matter and our business with the ability to dive into details and tackle new and emerging issues.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead multiple priorities independently and establish close working relationships with business partners across a wide variety of fields and disciplines.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability with the potential to become a trusted advisor to our business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.