Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry. MISSION STATEMENT
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to. JOB SUMMARY
Cresco Labs is seeking an Accounts Receivable Credit & Collection Specialist to join our Corporate Finance team in Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Accounts Receivable Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that our customer AR balances are current and accurate. This includes ensuring that the master data for each customer is accurate, that the past due balances are collected, that credits are applied, that credit limits and payment terms are established and accurate, and that sales is engaged as necessary to assist with collections and credit issues. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who has Credit and Collections experience, is highly organized, takes initiative, is detailed-oriented, and has strong problem-solving and analytical skills. CORE JOB DUTIES
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Create, document, and continually improve an efficient Credit and Collection process for Cresco.
- Ensure customer statements, invoices or dunning notices are sent to customers.
- Create weekly Collection worklists to identify the customers requiring Collection focus.
- Ensure new customers are properly set up with all relevant master data including payment terms and credit limit.
- Regularly evaluate customer master data to ensure it is accurate and complete.
- Identify customer balances that require reconciliation or clean up to ensure accuracy.
- Support the unclaimed property requirements as determined by the AR Manager.
- Create reporting as necessary to support Collection efforts.
- Communicate with the Sales team as needed to resolve issues.
- Collaborate with the Cash Application Specialist to understand cash application issues/timing.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field preferred, or significant AR Collections and Credit experience (more than 3 years)
- Experience with financial accounting and ERP systems required (SAP and/or Sage Intacct preferred)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be highly detail oriented
- Must be able to take initiative and identify opportunities
- Process creation, documentation and improvement
- Strong problem solver who sees possibilities and can overcome obstacles
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.