About The Position
If you have a great attitude, great customer service skills and a willingness to work hard we need you right now!
Compensation: $18/hr Starting Pay
Employment type: full-time
2 Immediate openings available.
Craft Beer Guild Distributing of New York is conveniently located in New Paltz just off Thruway exit 18.
We are extremely busy and guarantee steady work. 40+ hours/4 day work schedule (M-F).
We are looking for current Class A or B drivers for delivery positions.
Starting pay dependent on experience and license class. $18/Hr start for class B license with 2 pay increases in the first year.
You will be delivering pre-loaded pallet orders and assembling orders from truck load. This is physical work. You must be able to handle routes with an approximate average of 20 stops and work at a good pace.
You must also be able to move/lift up to 150 lbs (half kegs). Deliver with a hand truck or pallet jack and work out of a 26' straight box truck or trailer if available.
Home daily unless you are interested in one of our overnight (2 day delivery routes) in Plattsburgh, Lake Placid or Lake George.
Our retail delivery routes range from Lower Westchester/Rockland north to the Canadian border. Full training provided prior to running any routes solo.
Health Insurance benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shields after 90 days to eligible employees.
Tuition Reimbursement and 401k.
Free uniform service provided. Boot allowance.
A background check, pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical and functional (fitness test) is mandatory prior to start.
- At Least 1 Year of Local Driving Experience (Preferred not Required)
- Valid and clean Class B CDL (all parts except hazardous material)
- Current D.O.T. medical card
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours & days
- Interpret numerical values on merchandise
- Knowledge of local, state and federal highway rules and DOT regulations
- Knowledge of the New York/New Jersey delivery territories