Corby Spirit and Wine Limited
Distributor and ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Corby’s portfolio of owned-brands includes some of the most renowned brands in Canada, including Wiser's Canadian Whisky, Lamb's Rum and Polar Ice Vodka. Through its affiliation with Pernod Ricard S.A., Corby also represents leading international brands such as ABSOLUT Vodka, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Ballantine’s Scotch Whiskies, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Malibu Rum, Kahlua Liqueur, Mumm Champagne, Jacob's Creek, Wyndham Estate and Stoneleigh wines. An overview of the entire Corby portfolio shows over 5,000,000 cases sold annually, with Corby being a significant importer of wines and having an approximate 21 percent market share of spirit sales in Canada.
Why work at Corby? Because we are a great place to work! And we’re not the only ones who think so. Corby was named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 7 years by The Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, based on employee survey results and an audit of workplace excellence and people management practices.
The primary purpose of the Trade Marketing Manager, On Premise (TMMOP) is to develop, manage and execute all Corby branded programs in the on premise channel. The TMMOP will act as the lead in developing National Account on premise programs, and will manage the Assistant Trade Marketing Manager, On Premise who will be responsible for leading the development of programs in the independent channel. The vision of this role is to bring the brand strategies to life in a relevant and engaging way at one of the key connection moments for the consumer. This role will support the Trade Marketing team under the direction of the Senior On Premise Trade Marketing Manager (SOPTMM).
In order to deliver excellent On Premise activations, this role requires a cross-functional way of working both internally, leveraging the internal collaboration model and core Trade Marketing processes at Corby, as well as the Marketing teams of our National Account partners and key BTL agencies. This role will lead the day to day contact with our National Accounts partners and National Account sales team in particular.
The TMMOP will need to possess a high-level understanding of the Corby brand portfolio, brand plans, key initiatives and brand positioning. In addition, the TMMOP will need to have a deep knowledge of the On Premise channel nationally.
- Develop, project manage and roll-out / execute channel and chain specific On Premise consumer engagement ideas and activations that bring the key brand strategies to life in an engaging way with target consumers, building awareness and visibility on the right brands at the right time (focus on national and with some provincial level programs).
- Support Corby’s On Premise Sales Director and SOPTMM in building and executing bespoke and engaging activation ideas for best fit brands in specific chains or outlets to help build trial and affinity for our products at store level and with our target consumers.
- Ensure concepts dovetail into current brand campaigns and are maximized where possible through ATL & BTL tie-in. (ie. digital/social, cross-channel promotion, PR etc.)
- Oversee the ATMMOP in the design, approval, procurement, and delivery of all required POS for program execution (as agreed to with specific National Account chains)
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in the On Premise channel delivering actionable insights on a national and regional perspective
- Be the primary point of contact for all Marketing/Trade Marketing initiatives for Corby’s National Accounts ensuring alignment between all stakeholders
- Demonstrate leadership and strong project management skills in the management of cross-functional project teams from brief to concept to execution to post learnings. Must be able to manage multiple programs simultaneously at different stages of development.
- Demonstrate the ability to influence and engage key stakeholders throughout the life of a project / initiative.
- Manage calendars and critical paths for development and execution of all National Account initiatives. Support the ATMMOP in the management of timelines for key independent channel programs.
- Responsible for effectively managing the On Premise budgets. Carefully manage all National Account programs from concept to execution, including all agency SOWs and field level spends. Provide budget reporting on a regular basis to ensure all spends are on track. Oversee the ATMMOP with Key Independent channel budgets.
- Ensure all major initiatives are evaluated and provide on-going feedback and recommendations
- Minimum College education
- Project Management experience
- On Premise experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Sales / Marketing within CPG and/or alcoholic beverages.
- Brand Management experience an asset
- Previous brand activation experience
- Travel = up to 10% of time
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
Corby Spirit and Wine Ltd is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process or wish to view our accommodation policies, please contact the Human Resources Department at (519) 254-5171 or by email at Accessibilty.Canada@pernod-ricard.com
Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration for this and future opportunities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto.