Corby Spirit and Wine Limited
Distributor and ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Corby’s portfolio of owned-brands includes some of the most renowned brands in Canada, including Wiser's Canadian Whisky, Lamb's Rum and Polar Ice Vodka. Through its affiliation with Pernod Ricard S.A., Corby also represents leading international brands such as ABSOLUT Vodka, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Ballantine’s Scotch Whiskies, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Malibu Rum, Kahlua Liqueur, Mumm Champagne, Jacob's Creek, Wyndham Estate and Stoneleigh wines. An overview of the entire Corby portfolio shows over 5,000,000 cases sold annually, with Corby being a significant importer of wines and having an approximate 21 percent market share of spirit sales in Canada.
Why work at Corby? Because we are a great place to work! And we’re not the only ones who think so. Corby was named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 7 years by The Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, based on employee survey results and an audit of workplace excellence and people management practices
Under the direction of the Regional Director- BC Sales & Operations, the Sales Manager, BC Retail will provide direction, coaching, leadership and motivation to the local sales team to achieve sales Distribution, Volume, and Profitability targets for local Retail accounts. The Sales Manager will need to ensure that the Retail Sales Teams master the market, their customers and their sales techniques through regular in-field coaching/support and by working closely/collaboratively with other key regional stakeholders such as the BC Field Marketing Manager, BC Commercial Manager, BC On-Premise Manager and Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Promotes and increases sales within the Retail channels through the aggressive execution of national and regional sales and marketing strategies.
- In collaboration with the BC Sales Leadership Team, develop and cascade sales objectives against the business fundamentals of Distribution, Pricing, Shelf, Promotion and Display/Visibility to the field sales team.
- Ensure all national and regional sales objectives are loaded into ACE, and track team/individual District Manager progress against territory ‘win’ rate. As well, the Sales Manager must provide solutions to course correct where necessary.
- Ensure Corby sales support and communication tools, such as (but not limited to) Customer Relationship Management (CRM), PowerBI and internal communication (Chatter) are broadly understood and utilized by the regional sales team as per Corby standards.
- Implement Corby Approach to Selling (CATS) standards at field level through regular in-field coaching & coach behind opportunities (3-4 days per week) and by providing timely, detailed and balanced feedback to individual District Managers.
- As a member of the BC Leadership Team, the Sales Manager Retail is responsible for channel specific forecasting of volume and Advertising & Promotion (A&P) as per the Collaborative Business Planning process.
- Responsible for managing regional Retail A&P budgets and ensuring that fiscally responsible spends and appropriate ROI maximization is achieved.
- Prompt reporting of information to Trade Marketing and Regional Sales Director regarding competitor activity against the fundamentals of Distribution, Pricing, Shelf, Promotion and Display/Visibility.
- Complete formal cycle of Performance Management PMP Mid-Year and Full year reviews for all direct reports.
- Conduct monthly huddles with all direct reports as per Corby standards.
- In collaboration with Human Resources and Provincial Manager, interview and on-board new sales talent to fill vacancies as they arise.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Setting Sales Unit Strategy – Establishing a plan to achieve the Retail channel sales objectives, taking into consideration overall business and sales goals, market opportunities, past sales results, and available resources; reviewing progress and adjusting the plan as needed.
- Making Sales Operations Decisions – making day to day decisions required to manage the sales function, including deploying resources, allocating costs, and directing sales activities; securing and comparing information from multiple sources to identify key issues; committing to an action after weighing alternative solutions against important decision criteria.
- Coaching and Developing Sales Team – diagnosing areas of improving salespersons’ techniques; providing timely guidance, instruction, and feedback to help strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas and optimize sales success. Attracting, developing, and retaining talented individuals; evaluating key strengths and development needs for the team and providing leaning opportunities that enable associates to realize their potential.
- Driving for Results/Raising the Bar – setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Guiding Sales Opportunities/Business Acumen - developing strategic sales solutions and courses of action for customers that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, strategic priorities and probable consequences; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
- Broadening Business Value – Exploring customers’ underlying issues that suggest broader solutions; maximizing the productiveness of sales interactions by building on customer cues to gain commitment to products, services, and solutions; articulating and promoting a path forward.
- Sales Negotiation – effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements that gain customers’ acceptance and commitment.
- Communication – clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations, communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
- Building Trusting Relationships – using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and give them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Creating a Service Reputation – Crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to resolve difficult customer situations and regain customer confidence.
- Formal Presentation – Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- University degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience, supervisory or team lead experience in a related or complimentary field.
- Proven ability to deal successfully with multiple channels of distribution with success.
- Strong time management and organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Travel required - Must have a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
Corby Spirit and Wine Ltd is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process or wish to view our accommodation policies, please contact the Human Resources Department at Accessibilty.Canada@pernod-ricard.com
Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration for this and future opportunities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto.
- Reports To Regional Director- BC Sales & Operations