Corby Spirit and Wine Limited
Distributor and ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Corby’s portfolio of owned-brands includes some of the most renowned brands in Canada, including Wiser's Canadian Whisky, Lamb's Rum and Polar Ice Vodka. Through its affiliation with Pernod Ricard S.A., Corby also represents leading international brands such as ABSOLUT Vodka, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Ballantine’s Scotch Whiskies, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Malibu Rum, Kahlua Liqueur, Mumm Champagne, Jacob's Creek, Wyndham Estate and Stoneleigh wines. An overview of the entire Corby portfolio shows over 5,000,000 cases sold annually, with Corby being a significant importer of wines and having an approximate 21 percent market share of spirit sales in Canada.
Why work at Corby? Because we are a great place to work! And we’re not the only ones who think so. Corby was named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 7 years by The Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, based on employee survey results and an audit of workplace excellence and people management practices.
As part of the Commercial Finance team, the Manager, TPM Systems & Analytics is a key partner in driving fact-based decision making by leveraging data and reporting capability of the Total Promotion Management (TPM) system. This position is responsible for overseeing the integrity of integrated customer planning systems and ensuring that the data and analytics driving the system are optimized to support Corby’s ambition in this field. Additionally, this role will assist in educating users on functionality of our customer planning systems and data. Finally, the Manager, TPM Systems and Analytics will optimize Corby’s technology investment by evaluating and/or challenging associated business processes.
This role is crucial in the development of tools to deliver decision-support resources and provide oversight of data to drive the analysis which ultimately leads to improved profitability and return on investment, high quality decision-making, sustainable value creation, and identification of business opportunities.
- Provide technology leadership:
- Support key internal stakeholders by being the system expert and owner of the TPM information system and the primary resource for ongoing business support, training and administration of the Exceedra tool.
- Drive efficiency and provide focus on the highest value opportunities by serving as Chair of the TPM Adoption Committee and acting as principal in the development and management of the tool.
- Ensure full utilization and ROI by providing regular updates on TPM adoption and proposing plans to further optimize systems and processes
- Collaborate with the IT Team to define and prioritize software enhancements including conversion, training, and technology change management
- Optimize technology adoption and utilization across all end users by developing change management programs where necessary
- Together with the IT Business Partner, manage third party relationships including system vendors
- Responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, IT) to articulate business questions to be answered, ensure translation and understanding between the different groups and holding the business accountable against key strategic goals
- Developing and implementing dashboard metrics and supporting targeted in-depth analysis as needed
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of data (input and output) Developing promotional knowledge and insights to enable the organization to make better and more informed decisions relative to customer investment.
- Establishing and maintaining system and operational processes to support the organization, inclusive of proper process documentation
- Proactively monitoring marketplace for emerging trends and technologies; developing/improving tools and resources
Required Skills & Abilities
- Powerful strategic thinker focused on both short-term delivery and long-term transformation
- High level ability for step change innovation, customer focus and influencing and partnering
- Action-oriented, takes initiative and makes decisions quickly to achieve goals
- Solid level of commercial rigor and big picture thinking
- “Data Detective” – excellent data management skills with a strong analytical mindset; ability to identify data issues and find solutions
- Strong reasoning and analytical abilities to quickly evaluate, analyze and implement strategies and learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly and efficiently.
- Proven Self-Starter – proactive problem solver and intellectually curious
- Effective communicator incorporating strong listening and questioning skills
- Team oriented, highly collaborative, and able to build cross-functional relationships
- Strong IT/Computer skills with expertise in Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business/commerce
- Minimum 5 Years Finance experience required ideally in sales finance or financial planning & analysis with business process knowledge related to Sales, Marketing, Demand Planning and trade promotion functions within a CPG environment.
- Experience with leading large projects and/or a multi-person team is a plus
- Preferably in CPG business
- Previous industry experience would be an asset
- Previous experience with Power BI, Essbase/SmartView, Hyperion, Trade Promotion – Exceedra would be advantageous but not mandatory, Management system and Oracle Enterprise reporting systems would be an asset. Advanced User and/or Programming Skills preferred. Ability to effectively master IT systems in place a Corby Spirit and Wine.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. We value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process
Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration for this and future opportunities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto.