About The Position
Market Manager - New York
About Condesa Gin
Brand new to the US, having recently launched in New York, Condesa Gin is a micro-batch gin, hand-formulated and distilled in Mexico City. Taking its name from the CDMX neighborhood, Condesa was born to bring to the world a modern Mexico through its two Mexico City Extra Dry gins. Condesa’s gins use curandera (traditional healer) botanicals such as palo santo, and Mexican white sage to celebrate tradition and fuse it with a modern, elevated identity.
We are independent, women-distilled, detail-obsessed and fiercely passionate about our brand and how it communicates our story. Our small family is looking for someone who can share this passion and build the brand from scratch in New York. Part brand ambassador, part sales manager, part events coordinator - you will be the brand in the state. You we be the first member of a team we hope to build out in this key market. Únete al ritual.
Check our IG: @condesagin
What are we looking for?
- You live in NY, preferably in Brooklyn or lower Manhattan and understand the account ecosystem including bars, restaurants, hotels, liquor stores and chains
- You have 3+ spirits industry experience – preferably in sales or brand ambassador role
- On day one you can use a rolodex of contacts in top on and off trade accounts in the area to catalog Condesa and partner with halo accounts on cocktail and event programs
- As a member of a tiny start-up team, you have an entrepreneurial drive and the attitude of a self-starter
- You act like an owner of the brand
- You have an outgoing personality and you’re comfortable meeting new people and speaking with strangers
Duties & Responsibilities (a day in the life)
- You will be the one ultimately responsible for building brand awareness and growing sales in New York
- You will build and convey detailed knowledge about the history, production process, and other relevant messages of the brand
- You will visit and manage a set of prestige on and off premise accounts as determined by the National Sales Director
- You will attend key events for the brand (festivals, conventions, GSMs etc.)
- You will develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with individual account owners, listening to their needs, and developing and budgeting brand activations accordingly
- You will work closely with our distribution partner, Skurnik, supporting them in sales efforts
- You will need to travel mostly throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn and visit and manage the portfolio of accounts. Typical activities with accounts include providing tastings, marketing materials, and education about the brands
- This is a position requiring travel and is not performed in a typical office setting. 50% + time spent on the road managing accounts
- Spanish language a bonus, but not necessary for the role
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Flexible vacation policy
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Monthly cell phone and fuel / parking reimbursement
- Remote and flexible work environment
- Infrequent travel to Mexico City (trainings etc.)
How to Apply
Submit a short paragraph on why you want to work for our company, as well as resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Condesa Gin is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.