About The Position
The District Manager directly and indirectly oversees the execution of the sales goals in their territory. They provide guidance and supervision to Sales Representatives and Sales Associates.
*This position will cover routes through Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma and Poulsbo*
- Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives and company initiatives.
- Manage inventory expenses in accordance with company policy.
- Administer, educate and train employees to ensure the execution of company goals and priorities.
- Interact respectfully and maintain dialog with inter-company departments, suppliers and customers.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all decision makers in each account
- Reports and numbers for sales team
- Ride along- monthly calendar
- Submit all required reporting, preplans, trackers, surveys, market surveys (MVPs), expense report, mileage log, etc.
- Create reset opportunities and develop retail promotions appropriate to customer base.
- Effectively sell, rotate and merchandise the Columbia Distributing portfolio in all assigned accounts.
- Manage promotions and distributions in assigned accounts monthly as required.
- Grow net core brand distribution over baseline throughout the year.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge: beer, non-alcoholic, food journals, trends, market share, etc.
- Monitor competitive activity and communicate strategies
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff
- Minimum visibility in all accounts needs to be equal to or greater than competition.
- Minimum MVP standards in eighty percent (80%) of accounts surveyed.
- Above MVP standards in twenty percent (20%) of accounts surveyed.
- Strong sense of accountability
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve maximum potential
- General knowledge of industry products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; Experience with an AS400 system;
This position may manage Sales Representatives and Sales Associates and sometimes Sales Support personnel.
Work indoors with frequent walking in customer accounts
- Lift/Carry and Push/Pull up to 75lbs.
- Bend/stoop/crouch/squat/use arms/wrists/hands/grasp
- Use of industry tools: hand truck, six wheeler, manual pallet jack, box cutter
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Driving required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, days/hours of work vary, and may include weekends.
Ability to travel throughout the day for visits to customer accounts
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance required -- position is subject to Fleet Safety Policy
- Minimum of 21 years of age
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or advanced degree
- Minimum of five (5) years previous beverage industry sales experience
- Minimum of three (3) years previous sales management experience
- Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
- Employees (and their families) are eligible for medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan. Employees are also eligible for 80 hours of vacation every year and 7-8 days of paid holidays throughout the calendar year (depending on location).
- Hired applicant may be eligible for [incentives/ bonuses/ annual bonuses.
Reports to: General Manager or Sales Director