Clasen Quality Chocolate
Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Clasen Quality Chocolate (CQC) is a world-class manufacturer of chocolate and confectionery coatings. CQC maintains a professional, supportive work environment where teamwork is the key to our success. Working for a privately-held company provides you with the opportunity to wear many different “hats,” make a difference every day, and have fun doing it! We are committed to being an Employer of Choice in Southern Wisconsin and offering our employees a variety of traditional and unconventional benefits.
We are currently accepting applications for a Retail & Digital Marketing Associate in our Corporate Office on the East side of Madison, WI, ranked the “#3 Best Place to Live” by Livability.com. Position reports to the VP – Retail Sales & Marketing and requires up to 10% travel.
The Retail & Digital Marketing Associate will support and help grow CQC’s two consumer brands: Artisan Kettle® and Bake Believe®. Artisan Kettle® is a brand of organic baking chocolate that launched in 2016 and is currently the fastest growing brand in the organic baking chocolate segment. Artisan Kettle is sold in stores nationwide and online. Bake Believe® is a brand of no sugar added baking chocolate that launched in 2019 in select Walmart stores across the country. In the first six months following launch Bake Believe® has acquired a large, loyal consumer following and is poised to become the fastest growing brand in the entire baking category.
The Retail & Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for brand building and sales generating activity for both brands. The scope of work involves a wide range of responsibilities, from digital marketing and advertising to selling through online retailers and marketing in stores. That makes it both exciting and challenging. The Associate will be part of a larger brand team and will be accountable for driving results on their own and through others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organize and maintain all brand assets.
- Manage digital marketing programs, including display ads, social media, websites, search, affiliate marketing, Amazon advertising and more. Provide direction to external agencies where needed to get great work done on time and on budget.
- Drive e-commerce sales, specifically on Amazon, retailer websites and the brands’ websites, including, and manage an online order fulfillment vendor. Lever promotions, pricing and product mix to generate sales.
- Manage external content creators and publish content updates to brand WordPress websites.
- Coordinate retailer-specific marketing plans, including product sampling, couponing, signage, and digital programs.
- Develop sales and marketing materials, including sell sheets and booth displays for tradeshows.
- Develop and/or update packaging art in partnership with external design agency.
- Collect and analyze performance data to identify lessons learned and make recommendations for improvements to all brand marketing and e-commerce activities.
- Support other marketing initiatives as needed.
- Travel to other CQC facilities, tradeshows, customers, and/or training.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the supervisor, while following all company, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular attendance at work.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience (brand marketing, digital advertising, social media, Amazon) required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with Consumer Packaged Goods preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Preferred basic knowledge of Wordpress, CMS, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Amazon’s Vendor Central, Shipstation and Woocommerce and/or Shopify.
- Able to work full time in Madison, WI company office.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Consumer focused
- Solid analytical skills
- Self-starter with strong drive for results that has a strong sense of ownership over their responsibilities and the success of the entire company.
- Desire to continuously learn new skills that will have a positive impact on CQC and brands
- Eager to make an impact by working hard and supporting the team.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrated by effective presentation, influence, and negotiation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Low deductible and copays)
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match – up to 5%
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Volunteer days plus 11 holidays
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness: Free fruit, insurance discounts, gym reimbursement, free wellness checks
- Scholarships – Employee, spouse, and children
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free chocolate and coating!
- Onsite Fitness Facility
- Bonus Potential
CQC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO Poster
For more information, please visit our website at www.cqc.com
- Reports To Vice President Retail Sales & Marketing