About The Position
Responsible for building relationships with key on and off premise accounts, with an emphasis in the on premise. Utilize sales skills to implement strategic objectives at the account level and form partnerships with distributor teams.
Independent management of key accounts is essential to the position, primarily on premise. Responsible for leading, directing, training and managing area distributor sales teams to execute at the field level for both on and off premise accounts. The position requires the ability to evaluate, implement and execute programs within our brand strategies.
Essential Functions of the job: **Must Reside in Dallas Area**
1. Ride with Distributor Sales and independently call on Key Accounts at the direction of Line Manager.
2. Meet with key on and off premise accounts within your area to develop strong working relationships. Present and leverage our brands for increased volume and assist distributor in attaining our objectives. Complete daily electronic tracker to record activity against key accounts and prospects.
3. Be visible at the distributor office, meeting with sales representatives and management to ensure share of mind.
4. Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy. This would also include execution of national initiatives in your local market.
5. Act as primary contact for distributor sales teams to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs while providing support for all sales related activities.
6. Actively participate in promotions / events which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
7. Attend brand promotions and tastings once a week. Execute product seminars at accounts and with the distributor sales teams.
8. Provide National Account Mandate compliance updates as they come due.
9. Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
10. Maintain calendar of activities and promotions and ensure distributor and third party agencies have successful communications.
11. Provide bi-weekly market activity report to supervisor. Include list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activity, special projects and/or any needs.
12. Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor. This would include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes, staffing changes at distributor and competitors.
13. Review programs and execution updates with distributor management.
14. Provide feedback on effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives. This would be for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
15. Turn in monthly expenses by the 4th of the following month.
16. Complete special projects such as verifying pricing and or distribution at on or off premise accounts.
17. Participate in out of market sales blitzes.
18. Ensure that key accounts have been visited every month.
19. Meet with distributor sales teams on a monthly basis, including General Sales and individual team meetings.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Works under minimal supervision, exercises a high degree of discretion and independent judgment. Primary duties are managing the area sales of the Cinco Spirits portfolio.
Requires degree in Business Administration/Marketing or other relevant line of study. Requires 2-4 years experience from a Distributor or Supplier within the alcohol beverage industry. Requires knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services within our industry.
1. Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner, communicating effectively with employees, staff, customers both internal and external; in person, via telephone or email.
2. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
3. Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions including navigating the internet.
4. Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
5. Possess exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls (5-6+ hours per day); reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
Weight to be lifted: Up to 25 lbs
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) , distance vision (clear vision at 20+ feet)
Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up-down or to the left/right while eyes are fixed on a given point.)Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Indoor climate controlled environment.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles; may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and fork lifts in a warehouse environment.
Noise typical for the work environment:
Noise level: Moderate to loud noise (Examples: telephones, fax machines, copy machines, warehouse equipment, conversations and music).