ImporterView Full Profile
Based on experience
About The Position
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with distributor network every week to execute distribution and brand building initiatives. The focus is on-premise, but chain and independent retail are required.
- Communicate, enforce, and monitor National Account programs both on and off premise.
- Work in the field three to four days per week selling with the fifth day devoted to distributor meetings and administrative duties.
- Educate distributor personnel and key account customers on Chopin Imports Ltd portfolio.
- Make presentations to distributor network on a weekly/monthly basis to educate on direction and brand standards.
- Develop “key influencer” relationships in the trade as well at wholesaler.
- Assist DVP in monitoring distributor execution of Chopin Imports Ltd initiatives and goals.
- Conduct regular sales training meetings at the wholesaler.
- Monitor competitive activities in the marketplace and communicate to the appropriate people with suggested and corrective action plans.
- Utilize market data (Salesforce, VIP, Nielsen) to identify opportunities within each channel.
- Manage Chopin Imports Ltd retail and on-premise POS materials. Ensure they are being utilized correctly in the market.
- Budget and Expense Management
- Maryland, DC, Montgomery County, and Delaware
- Volume and distribution: Meet and or exceed H1 and H2 volume and distribution objectives.
- Market management: Effectively develop and maintain positive relationships with distributors and the trade to drive volume and distribution performance.
Personal Skills & Qualities:
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with the ability to work autonomously and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of all facets of the spirits industry.
- Good judgment and professional maturity.
- Results oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success.
- Excellent communication style, both written and verbal.
- Sales ability: Effectiveness in inspiring customers to purchase our products and programs.
- Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate effectively with colleagues and with our distributors.
- High level of integrity, self-confidence and the ability to build relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- The ability to move up to 35lbs on a consistent basis.
- At least 2 years of experience in the alcohol beverage industry
- College degree required
- Candidate must live in DC or Baltimore area
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have valid driver’s license and eligible to work in the U.S
- Reports To VP Eastern Region