About The Position
Lead the overall distributor relationship with The Fresh Market (159 Stores, located in Greensboro, NC) account. Develop and implement best in class sales and marketing programs resulting in top sales for the account.
Responsible for managing the overall distributor relationship, as the primary point of contact, with The Fresh Market (159 Stores, located in Greensboro, NC) account. Lead the planning, development, and implementation of sales and marketing plans and programs to increase sales for the account. Foster and nurture relationships as a trusted advisor with TFM, and proactively deliver a best-in-class customer experience. Work proactively across the account team and the company to communicate and ensure all of team members are properly informed and engaged to support the needs of the business.
- Primary Account contact, fostering relationships to maximize and realize sales potential, exceeding customer expectations.
- Work closely with Category Managers on The Fresh Market (TFM) grocery, candy, and private label teams to develop sales targets, ensure the highest levels of service are achieved and operational plans are effectively implemented.
- Work with vendors and brokers to plan and implement sales plans, ads, displays and seasonal program opportunities.
- Engage with TFM to provide category management insights and recommendations, coordinating all aspects of the category review process, from securing POG’s, data, scheduling, preparing the review presentation with our category team, making the presentation and follow up.
- Analyze data to make recommendations on items to add or delete and provide solutions to increase brand/ item movement.
- Review gap opportunities within our assortment to gain incremental new points of distribution.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of the TFM promotional process. Work with brokers and vendors on promotional strategy and display opportunities. Request and secure additional funding when needed.
- Maximize seasonal, holiday, and themed opportunities, increasing new items, expanding private label business, and penetrating new categories within TFM.
Sales and Business Planning
- Monitor competitor activities in the sales territory, recommend paths forward to increase company sales, and follow up on these opportunities. Know the market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Develop and execute monthly, quarterly, and annual sales plans to achieve budgeted sales goals. Prepare and execute business plans for accounts that include weekly calls with their category team, monthly meetings, quarterly sales /top seller reviews and annual business reviews.
- Develop and maintain the highest level of product knowledge and the ability to identify voids in the assortments.
- Virtually attend the monthly sales meetings and attend industry trade shows.
- Cultivate and foster team building and cooperation, and effectively work with team members to achieve goals and further career development. Collaborate and communicate with company Sales Team and Key Account Managers to share best practices, opportunities, and idea exchange.
- Work actively with Company category managers to communicate needs, opportunities, and any changes to authorizations, for Company brands.
- Coordinate demand planning for new item rollouts, promotional allocations, and seasonal programs with Supply Chain and Operations Teams.
- Submit accurate, timely, and complete reports by account to management. Ensure that reports and records are accessible and provide meaningful insights and recommendations to manage the business.
- Submits accurate, timely, and complete reports by account to management. Ensures that reports and records are accessible and meaningful for decision making processes.
- Manages key account team to include a Sales Coordinator, located in the TFM office, and regionally based, in-store Merchandisers.
Qualifications / Requirements / Skills / Attributes
Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of sales and account management experience in consumer-packaged goods industry; distributor, broker community preferred.
Entrepreneurship: Work and excel in an entrepreneurial environment and be highly motivated to grow sales; seek and find opportunities; resourceful.
Outstanding Communicator: Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively across all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level, with strong attention to detail and follow up. Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
Relationship Builder: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully build relationships internally and externally to achieve business goals.
Problem Solver: Experience in delivering prompt, customer focused solutions based on customer needs. Work across the Company to engage the relevant team members to help solve problems and keep informed.
Judgement: Ability to make sound recommendations and plans that demonstrate win-win partnership approach and that aligns interests amongst our retailers, brands, and Chex.
Commitment: Dedicated to making it happen. Relentless pursuit of getting it done. Highly motivated, results-driven, detailed follow up skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Teamwork: A true team player on specific tasks and projects, fostering an actively positive team environment.
Foodie: Clear understanding of specialty and natural market and trends.
Technical: Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Role will be primarily remote initially, with occasional visits to The Fresh Market headquarters in Greensboro, NC. Role best suited near Greensboro, NC given new norm (timeframe TBD) will be multiple days in office per week.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular customer business hours.
- Variation in work hours due to employee and customer schedules, special projects, deadlines, and tradeshows.