About The Position
This role offers the unique opportunity to build and influence Cheddies’ Supply Chain from the ground up. You’ll be setting the standard for the company’s day-to-day operations.
We are seeking a highly analytical, empathetic, and organized Supply Chain Leader to drive operations and supply chain efforts.
As a Supply Chain Manager focused on the efficiency and transparency of our supply chain, you will play a crucial role in managing productions, scheduling deliveries and managing the delivery calendar, ensuring timelines are maintained of expected purchase orders, data upload, and maintenance across several crucial documents.
The right candidate will have had experience in consumer-driven companies. This person will have expertise in: project management, supply chain management, operating infrastructure, strategic planning, as well as goals management and information organization. This person is detail-oriented, thrives when organized, diligent, disciplined, and desires to be in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Cheddies is on a mission to provide better snacking choices for future generations. We plan on doing this by proving to individuals that healthy can still be tasty and affordable. Our crackers are a familiar and approachable snack that bridges the gap between healthy and indulgent.
Cheddies launched in late 2018 and can now be found in over 1,450 retail locations across the United States and are on the path to become a staple brand in the growing Better-For-You market!
Key Areas of Responsibility
Supply and Demand Planning, Procurement, Inventory Management
- Manage procurement of raw materials, packaging, and finished goods
- Provide regular reporting on inventory levels
- Lead data-driven, technology-enabled improvement efforts to help efficiently scale, make smarter business decisions and improve customer and profitability metrics
- Manage relationships with key factories to ensure consistent production volume and quality; facilitate user testing programs to help identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage contracts and ongoing cost negotiations with raw material, packaging and finished good supply partners to maximize product margins and production capacity.
- Manage relationship with Logistics Providers to ensure best lanes / rates / service for moving raw materials, finished goods, and retail orders
What You’re Good At
- Key leadership characteristics: Transparency, Integrity, Results Driven, Collaborative, Flexible, Strong Communicator, Player/Coach Mentality with Ability to “roll-up sleeves”
- Must be comfortable working in a high-growth and dynamic environment that requires adaptability, creative thinking, and the enjoyment of opportunistic challenges.
- Operate under pressure for tight turnaround and deadlines
- Working efficiently in ambiguous environments that are constantly evolving
- Attention to detail
- Diligent follow-ups and project management
You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree or higher - ideally focused on Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Related Field
- 2-4 Years’ experience in a purchasing/supply planning role
- Proficiency with EDI Systems, Adobe Acrobat, and within the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Excel
- Cost/Data Analysis skills to make appropriate buying decisions
- 2-4 Years’ experience managing relationships with vendors externally
- Practical time management skills and being an adaptive problem solver