About The Position
For three generations the Cooper family has been crafting a full range of spirits, cordials, and ready-to-drink cocktails from the heart of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Charles Jacquins et Cie., Inc., the oldest Cordial Producer in America and the largest in PA, is expanding its product offering and reach throughout Pennsylvania. We are looking for an energetic, self-confident, experienced Salesperson to become our Western Pennsylvania Sales Executive. Candidate must live in the Pittsburgh area for consideration. We anticipate a highly competitive process for this position. Please start with the following qualifications and instructions below.
The Western Pennsylvania Sales Specialist will be responsible for volume and revenue goals via the execution of company On & Off Premise strategic initiatives primarily in Pittsburgh market. Additionally, this individual will execute at the retail trade level and will require the ability to evaluate, implement and execute key brand programs to accelerate sales. This position will report directly to the Pennsylvania Director of Sales and has potential for growth and promotion within the organization.
• Serves as primary contact for Charles Jacquin portfolio of spirit & wine brands in account universe.
• 75% on-premise focus, building brand distribution & visibility in bars, restaurants, casino’s, country clubs, stadiums, etc.
• 25% off-premise focus, supporting brand merchandising in FWGS retail stores.
• Training on-premise staff and bar managers on brands and cocktail creation, observing competitive market activity.
• Meet with key on-premise accounts within assigned area to develop strong working relationships
• Align with key local events and partners and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including execution of national initiatives in your local market
• Execute product seminars at accounts and in market with third-party partners
• Stay informed of customer and consumer trends
• Provide monthly market activity report to supervisor, including list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activity, special projects and/or any specific needs
• Review monthly goals and objectives with execution plan with manager.
• Provide feedback on effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives including programs, POS, advertising, etc.
• Manage key functions and activities in the market area including FWGS store merchandising, PLCB program activation, and overall shelf placement of brands.
• 2-4 years’ work-related experience in with structured sales background, preferably Beverage Alcohol/Spirits with past exposure
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Analytical skills, in particular gathering data from a wide variety of sources, and presenting it in formats suitable for a wide variety of audiences
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
• Good managerial and effective presentation skills
• Excellent people skills
• Proficient using Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
• Emphasis in Sales or Marketing or restaurant
Physical Demands of the Role:
• Must be able to carry/lift 45-65 lbs.