FULL-TIMEAbout Central Coast Agriculture:
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.ResponsibilitiesAbout the Role:
Under the general discretion of the Director, FP&A the Sr. Business Analyst will bring a strong analytical, finance oriented and data structure background to help drive corporate objectives. They will help steer the implementation of Sage Data Analytics to enhance our reporting, analysis and dashboarding capabilities. This will require understanding the intersection of technology, finance, and business process. This position requires expert skills in finance, accounting, and business analytics. While there are no formal direct reports in this role, it requires pro-active engagement in decision making, self-directed approach to work and the ability to drive delivery. While this role will not manage people, they will be accountable for managing high-profile, highly complex, long-term projects delivered to our most senior leaders.
You will be in a position where you will be working on new processes, and at times, developing and implementing them from the start. Because we are building the bus while we drive it, there will be moments you will be left with little instruction and you will be expected to find answers and develop proposed roadmaps for the best way forward. What You'll Do
QualificationsWhat You'll Need to HaveRequired
- Maintain professionalism and live CCA's core values of Teamwork, Innovation, Integrity and Process always.
- Lead the financial components of the Sage Data Analytics BI tool including: financial and operational reports, dashboards, and analysis
- Analyze current data designs to optimize and provide structural improvements to handle the growth of the business
- Drive data collection, integration, and visualization of business needs, investments, and priorities to inform strategic planning
- Assist in building financial models for budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning
- Power strategic performance management through ongoing, iterative analysis and reporting of performance against strategic objectives, plans, and budgets
- Help with monthly internal and external reporting, including driving insightful analyses to explain trends and any variance to plans
- Assist in cross-functional work to evaluate strategic initiatives and associated financial impacts and help to incorporate into financial plans
- Formulate strategic insights through quantitative analysis to include charting, trending, and data mining
- Support monthly close process through close partnership with the accounting team
- Assist in creation of ad-hoc analyses for cross functional leaders and management
- Assist in preparation of board of director materials
- Continuously look to increase efficiency through process automation
- Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position.
What You'll Receive
- 5+ years of experience in a FP&A analyst role working with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, Math, or analytical field required
- Comprehensive understanding of the intersection of technology, finance, and business process
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience with SQL and data warehousing concepts; advanced knowledge of relational database structured data is a plus
- Ability to work backwards from stakeholder needs to design and operationalize relevant system processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface and influence decision-makers at all levels
- Ability to work against tight timelines; project management experience is a plus
- Experience building and refining processes, as the company grows
- Experience in startups is preferred, or experience mix of both smaller and larger companies required
- Expert user in Microsoft Excel and VBA
- Experience with Sage Data Analytics & Sage X3 is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong design aesthetic and visualization skills
- Ability to work well in a high performing team environment and independently in a virtual environment
- Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire
- Proficiency of the English language, verbal, and written format
- Competitive base salary and performance-based incentive plan.
- Company Sponsored Activities
- Health Coverages - CCA contributes to employee & dependent premiums!
• Medical PPO & Rx Coverage
• Dental PPO & HMO
• Vision PPO
• Employee Assistance Programs w/Mental Health Support
• Life & AD&D
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holiday, & bereavement
CCA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit for long periods at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is essential to this position. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, preferably utilizing partner lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Primarily in a light industrial and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low; however, fluctuation of noise level may occur during peak production. The temperature in the work environment is usually moderate; however, fluctuation of temperature, either decreasing or increasing (heat level) is likely to occur during peak production.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.