OverviewAbout Central Coast Agriculture:
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.ResponsibilitiesAbout the Role:Jr. Graphic Designer
The Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible for working alongside the Senior Graphic Designer in creating design solutions that have high visual impact and help present our products with a focus on supporting sales initiatives. The Junior Graphic Designer will demonstrate creativity, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to feedback, time, costs, and deadlines. You will be in a position where you will be working on new processes, and at times, developing and implementing them from the start. Because we are building the bus while we drive it, there will be moments you will be left with little instruction and you will be expected to find answers and develop proposed roadmaps for the best way forward.What You'll Do:
QualificationsWhat You'll Need to Have:Required
- Support Sales initiatives with creation and maintenance of digital and print assets.
- Becomes familiar with brand guidelines, images, components and overall brand identity.
- Works within existing brand guidelines and designs to version out print collateral, e-mails, and digital assets for our website and social media channels.
- Accurately estimates the time required to complete work, and works successfully within time and cost constraints.
- Proofreads to ensure accurate and high-quality work.
- Conceptualizes assignments by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts as per specified media requirements. Adjusts designs and copy according to direction provided by stakeholders.
- Obtains approval of concepts by submitting rough layouts, timelines, and estimates for approval to Senior Graphic Designer & Creative Director.
- Maintains technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and staying up to date on marketing and design trends, etc.
- Has the ability to learn new software, if needed, to accomplish projects.
- Works well as part of a collaborative team, and directly with Senior Graphic Designer, Creative Director, and outside agencies (when necessary).
- Assist in designing marketing materials that have high visual impact, and help present our products to the public in a breakthrough way.
- Assist in designing corporate communications, presentations, product packaging, sales flyers and promotional elements.
- Photograph and edit images
- Other duties as assigned. Can encompass tradeshow support, print management, vendor management or other sales and other marketing related activities.
- Maintain professionalism and live CCA's core values of Teamwork, Innovation, Integrity and Process at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position
What You'll Receive:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design
- Experience building and refining processes, as the company grows
- Past experience in startups is preferred
- Collaborative work is essential with all levels of the organization
- PowerPoint, WordPress, Web experience a plus
- Strong typography skills
- Strong photography and photo editing skills
- Comfortable using an Adobe InDesign and Illustrator workflow for print projects
- Experience in packaging, print and digital graphic design
- Creativity and flexibility to adapt to changing environments and demands
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Beginner/Intermediate/Expert user of Microsoft Office, Google's G suite, Asana
- Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations
- Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire
- Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format
- Competitive base salary and performance-based incentive plan.
- Company Sponsored Activities
- Health Coverages - CCA contributes to employee & dependent premiums!
- Medical PPO & Rx Coverage
- Dental PPO & HMO
- Vision PPO
- Other CCA Paid Benefits
- Employee Assistance Programs w/Mental Health Support
- Life & AD&D
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holiday, & bereavement