OverviewAbout Central Coast Agriculture
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.About the Role
Under the general direction of the Manager, Workforce Management the HR Business Partner (HRBP) will serve as the day-to-day resource in all functional areas of HR. This role is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP will formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees.
Every team member lives by CCA's core values of TIIP: Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation, and Process.Location: Lompoc, CAResponsibilitiesWhat You'll Do
QualificationsWhat You'll Need to Have
- Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to proactively develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management - coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Approves and processes promotions and transfers, ensuring they appropriately track towards headcount plans.
- Provides guidance and input on designated business unit workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Responds to general HR inquiries.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position.
What is Preferred
- Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire.
- Minimum 5 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Minimum 5 years of working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Communication Studies, or equivalent experience required.
- Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office and/or Google's G suite.
What You'll Receive
- Fluency in Spanish (strongly preferred).
- HR Certification is desired but not a must (SHRM or HRCI).
- Past experience in a startup environment.
- Experience building and refining processes for scale.
- High degree of adaptability and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to identify opportunities to help the team and to identify process improvements.
- Competitive base salary and performance-based incentive plan.
- Company Sponsored Activities
- Health Coverages - CCA contributes to employee & dependent premiums!
• Medical PPO & Rx Coverage
• Dental PPO & HMO
• Vision PPO
• Employee Assistance Programs w/Mental Health Support
• Life & AD&D
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holiday, & bereavement
CCA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit for long periods at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is essential to this position. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
Primarily in a light industrial and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low; however, fluctuation of noise level may occur during peak production. The temperature in the work environment is usually moderate; however, fluctuation of temperature, either decreasing or increasing (heat level) is likely to occur during peak production.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.