OverviewAbout Central Coast Agriculture:
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused
on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to
nnovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed their expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand: Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.About The Role:
As the Bulk Oil Technician, you will be in charge of Bulk Oil inventory in all of its aspects including
nventory and quality. You'll track and publish inventory by regularly weighing and reconciliation as well
as grading and quality management. You'll organize physical storage and ensure that batches are clearly
identified. You'll serve as the point of contact for all questions of Bulk Oil inventory across the operations and finance departments.ResponsibilitiesWhat You'll Do:
QualificationsWhat You'll Need to Have:
- Ensure proper and safe assembly/operation of extraction equipment in accordance with Manufacturing SOP
- Inspect and examine machine/components for any signs of excess wear, replacing damaged or worn components as needed.
- Maintain proper function of equipment
- Prepare plant material to be loaded for extraction (IE hammering / weighing and logging material in appropriate data fields in track and trace/ keeping material bins full )
- Prepare bulk storage containers for processed product following SOP's
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and workspace
- Fill solvent tanks with hydrocarbon blend as specified by shift lead or manager
- Report any equipment damages, malfunctions,or product discrepancies to team lead or manager
- Exchange any empty CO2/N2 cylinders and attach to the machine using proper connections
- Dispose of biowaste in accordance with state guidelines and Manufacturing SOP
- Able to lift 70lbs
- Must be able to stand, crouch, reach and lift for long periods of time
- Flexibility to work extra hours, nights weekends if needed
- Ability to multitask
- Able to work in cold environments with freezing items such as dry ice
- Ensure auxiliary equipment is operating properly
- Comfortable working around hydrocarbons
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and impeccable personal Hygiene
- Maintain professionalism and live CCA's core values at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position
- Up to 5% of domestic travel expected
What You'll Receive
- 2 - 3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent certification
- Basic math skills
- Organizational skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office and/or Google's G suite, particularly Excel/Sheets
- 6+ months cannabis manufacturing in a warehouse setting preferred
- Working knowledge and practical application of extraction methods, preparation and purification of cannabinoids desired
- Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations, specifically as it pertains to cultivation and manufacturing
- Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Spanish language a plus
- Flexible work schedule as needed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Competitive base salary and performance-based incentive plan.
- Company Sponsored Activities
- Health Coverages - CCA contributes to employee & dependent premiums!
• Medical PPO & Rx Coverage
• Dental PPO & HMO
• Vision PPO
• Employee Assistance Programs w/Mental Health Support
• Life & AD&D
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holiday, & bereavement
CCA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit for long periods at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is essential to this position. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, preferably utilizing partner lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Primarily in a light industrial and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low; however, fluctuation of noise level may occur during peak production. The temperature in the work environment is usually moderate; however, fluctuation of temperature, either decreasing or increasing (heat level) is likely to occur during peak production.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.