OverviewAbout Central Coast Agriculture:
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.About The Role:
The A/R Supervisor will oversee the accounts receivable function, including directing the processing of customer invoices and payments, manage account reconciliation and any related reporting requirements. The Supervisor will also oversee the recording of customer invoices and collections of receivables, the updating of customer records, and supervision of staff. This role oversees the day-to-day operations and strategic goals of the A/R cycle through management, maintenance, implementation, and design of all business procedures and functions for the entire process.ResponsibilitiesWhat You'll Do:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITYDirect Reports:
- Develops guidelines for timely and accurate processing of A/R invoices.
- Develops process for maintaining up to date customer records.
- Oversees collections of receivables, follow ups of past due collections, and proper recording of electronic payments via wire transfer, ACH and check.
- Implements systems to increase invoices processed per FTE metric while maintaining accuracy.
- Reconciles accounts receivable totals to the general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary ledgers).
- Ensures license numbers have been collected from all customers and that each sale is recorded under an appropriate license type.
- Oversees the system of internal controls over respective accounting functions to minimize risk.
- Assists external auditors and provides required information for the annual audit.
- Trains and oversees employees involved in customer billing functions.
- Maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Communicates and explains work procedures to subordinates.
- Leads closure of AR function at month end by communicating with warehouse team to verify invoicing, sending out customer statements, validating posting of all receipts, etc.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Planning and Organizing - Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
- Creativity and Innovation - Initiates conceptual ideas with practical applications, develops creative strategies and opportunities, creative thinking and problem solving, promotes a creative climate.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Solves problems, considers relevant alternatives before making decisions, displays intuitive judgment, shows timeliness and conviction in making recommendations and decisions.
- Teamwork and Relationship-Building Skills - Assists team members in accomplishing their objectives by helping things go right, establishes effective working relationships, and promotes team efforts.
- Adaptability and Change Management Skills - Ability to change to fit changed circumstances. Has the skill to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
- Develops Subordinates and Self - Helps subordinates learn and grow, maintains current knowledge in the field.
- Communication and Cooperation - Effectively communicates upward, downward and laterally. Prevents unproductive responses, improves the effectiveness of communications and interactions with others.
- Accountability and Productivity - Holds themselves accountable to team members, accepts responsibility for their own decisions, sustains peak performance and solves problems that impede productivity.
What You'll Receive:
- Minimum A.S. degree in Accounting or Business Administration; Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Five years or more of related experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and regulatory standards
- Proficiency in MS Office, including superior spreadsheet skills using Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication
- Effective organizational, stress, and time management
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Competitive base salary and performance-based incentive plan.
- Company Sponsored Activities
- Health Coverages - CCA contributes to employee & dependent premiums!
- Medical PPO & Rx Coverage
- Dental PPO & HMO
- Vision PPO
- Other CCA Paid Benefits
- Employee Assistance Programs w/Mental Health Support
- Life & AD&D
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holiday, & bereavement