FULL-TIMEAbout Central Coast Agriculture:
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.About the Role:
The Accounting Manager is accountable for the accounting operations of the company and ensuringthat reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This includes preparing andreviewing day-to- day financial transactions, preparing and assisting in the financial statements, andleading the month-end close. This position will have contact with all levels of the organization andexternal vendors and auditors. Oversee other financial staff, including general ledger accountants,accounts receivable accountant, and fixed assets.Job Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in asatisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, andability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals withdisabilities are able to perform the work functions.ResponsibilitiesAccounting Systems
- Manage accounts receivable and fixed assets functions, including general ledger control setup, collections, unbilled receiving, and fixed asset capitalization & depreciation
- Perform month-end closing functions, including bank reconciliation, accruals, inventory reconciliation, and general ledger journal entries.
- Assist with and coordinate yearly auditing processes
- Assist with preparation of local, state and federal tax filings and payments.
- Own responsibility for the general ledger and management of the month-end close process
- Manage fixed asset transactions including capitalization, depreciation, and disposals
- Coordinate with operations on WIP and inventory issues.
- Interact and coordinate with all internal stakeholders.
- Oversee accounting systems, processes, and procedures to ensure efficient operations and ensure that accounting records are consistent and accurate, as well as oversee appropriate controls, checks, and balances across the organization with the assistance of the Controller.
- Manage and oversee the daily accounting operations, report red flags and propose solutions with the assistance of the Controller.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all financial transactions, including inflows, outflows, budgets, investments, receivables, payables, collectible assets, vendor contracts, insurance, etc.
- With assistance of the Controller, create new accounting procedures for any new operation or business line.
- Create checklists, procedures and an overall knowledge base for all financial procedures.
- Ensure real-time accounting, all created at the time, all the time.
- Assist with the annual budget for all entities.
- Maintain and send management reports specific to each business unit with the goal of keeping management informed of the financial landscape.
- Utilize ERP system to execute daily invoicing and COS/WIP capture and to manage all accounting functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:Direct Reports:
- Recruit and manage accounting team
- Champion company mission and goals
- Inspire employee accountability to meet high standards and performance expectations
- Empower, prioritize and delegate effectively
- Develop and nurture talent to improve department operations and create future leaders
- Responsible for training direct reports
- Responsible for reviewing performance and administers corrective action.
- Plans the work schedules, assigns duties, tracks absenteeism and reviews work to ensure quality standards.
- Observes and practices safety and housekeeping procedures at all times.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:Required:
- Planning and Organizing - Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
- Creativity and Innovation - Initiates conceptual ideas with practical applications, develops creative strategies and opportunities, creative thinking and problem solving, promotes a creative climate.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Solves problems, considers relevant alternatives before making decisions, displays intuitive judgment, shows timeliness and conviction in making recommendations and decisions.
- Teamwork and Relationship-Building Skills - Assists team members in accomplishing their objectives by helping things go right, establishes effective working relationships, and promotes team efforts.
- Adaptability and Change Management Skills - Ability to change to fit changed circumstances. Has the skill to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
- Develops Team and Self - to learn and grow; maintains current knowledge in the field.
- Communication and Cooperation - Effectively communicates upward, downward and laterally. Prevents unproductive responses, improves the effectiveness of communications and interactions with others.
- Accountability and Productivity - Holds themselves accountable to team members, accepts responsibility for their own decisions, sustains peak performance and solves problems that impede productivity.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant field
- Previous experience as an Accounting Manager in a similar sized business and/or public company
- Five or more years' experience in accounting or financial management field
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and controls implementation
- Experience analyzing problems and implementing systems, workflows and controls in a company with revenue growth
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills for interaction with team, peers, and management
- Prior experience with ERPs
- Possess a valid California Driver's License
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
What You'll Receive
- MBA or MAcc
- Big four accounting experience
- Public company experience
- Competitive base salary and performance-based incentive plan.
- Company Sponsored Activities
- Health Coverages - CCA contributes to employee & dependent premiums!
• Medical PPO & Rx Coverage
• Dental PPO & HMO
• Vision PPO
• Employee Assistance Programs w/Mental Health Support
• Life & AD&D
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holiday, & bereavement
CCA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com