2013-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
This is a sales position with responsibilities that include visiting key accounts in their assigned territory, working with local distributors as well as promotions and special events. The position requires a self-motivated, organized, energetic, creative, ambitious person who can thrive in a demanding, fast-paced and fun environment. The Regional Manager for MD, DC and DE needs to adapt well with others, possess good communication and presentation skills; be able to overcome obstacles, execute on projects thoroughly and be an ambassador of our brand.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Account Relationship Management and Coverage (both on- and off-premise accounts)
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory
- Represent our brands to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers.
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review our brand program priorities
- Regularly attend selected on-premise promotional events held at night to oversee, assist, and evaluate the quality of the promotion
- Direct accounts in proper and effective merchandising and consumer awareness of brands by:
- Guiding proper shelf management positions
- Merchandising brands
- Utilizing the company provided sales book and brochures.
- Attaining proper distribution of our brands by type and size
- Developing drink features and brand promotion
- Conduct staff training in on and off-premise accounts, as needed
- Be out visiting key on-premise accounts at least 3 to 4 nights per week.
Distributor Relationship Management
- Work with key distributor salespeople and managers in the assigned territory to help motivate them to improve the promotion of Casamigos Tequila. This can include:
- Regularly scheduled presentations to distributors
- Regularly scheduled work-withs with sales reps/mgrs.
- Conduct brand training for distributor employees.
Promotions and Special Events
- Plan, schedule and coordinate events including directing promotional models, bar staff and others involved
- Attend and participate in special events and bar promotions that are usually conducted in the evenings
- Educate staff on brands
- Create menus for restaurants, bars, events
- Supply sufficient inventory of promotional merchandise and oversee proper distribution of same during the event
Budgets & Administration
- Stay within all assigned budgets
- Complete monthly market reports and calendars in a timely fashion
- Complete biweekly expense reports
Other Duties/Special Projects:
- Create and deliver presentations to effectively educate groups of consumers, sales people, distributors and others on the history, properties and production of all our products and brands
- Complete bi-monthly market reports and monthly calendars in a timely fashion.
- Complete biweekly expense reports
From time to time you will be expected to participate in a company organized special event or promotion. This may include time during a weekend or holiday and travel away from your home territory. Your usual responsibility may include crew drives, trade shows and other special projects as needed
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive but represent the general duties of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Beverage alcohol experience preferred
- 3-5 years’ sales experience in on and off premise
- Proven success in sales call strategies
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Well-developed influence and negotiation skills; persistent and persuasive
- Detail oriented and organized; excellent time management
- Innovative and creative in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Able to formulate account strategies and execute against them
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Thorough knowledge of the state and federal laws governing your activity. Familiarity with Distilled Spirits Counsel of the U.S. (“DISCUS”) Code of Responsible Practices and beverage alcohol laws and regulations a plus
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers Sales or Marketing experience a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise between accounts within assigned territory
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint), and Photoshop or Illustrator
- BA required
- Travel required
- Reports To Executive Vice President