About The Position
Description: This is a sales position with responsibilities that include visiting key accounts in assigned territory, working with distributors as well as promotions and special events. The position requires a self-motivated, organized, energetic, creative, ambitious person who can thrive in a demanding, fast-paced, and fun environment. The Area Manager adapts well with others, possesses excellent communication and presentation skills; is able to overcome obstacles, execute projects thoroughly and be an ambassador of our brand.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
§ Key Account Relationship Management and Coverage (both on- and off-premise accounts)
· Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory.
· Represent our brands to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers.
· Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review our brand program priorities.
· Regularly attend selected on-premise promotional events held at night to oversee, assist, and evaluate the quality of the promotion.
· Direct accounts in proper and effective merchandising and consumer awareness of brands by:
o Guiding proper shelf management positions
o Merchandising brands
o Utilizing the company provided sales book and brochures.
o Attaining proper distribution of our brands by type and size
o Developing drink features and brand promotion
· Conduct staff training in on and off-premise accounts, as needed.
· Visit key on-premise accounts at least 3 to 4 nights per week.
§ Distributor Relationship Management
· Work with key distributor salespeople and managers in the assigned territory to improve the promotion of Casamigos Tequila. This can include:
o Regularly scheduled presentations to distributors
o Regularly scheduled work-withs with sales reps/mgrs.
o Conduct brand training for distributor employees.
§ Promotions and Special Events
· Plan, schedule, and coordinate events including directing promotional models, bar staff and others involved.
· Attend and participate in special events and bar promotions that are usually conducted in the evenings.
· Educate staff on brands.
· Create menus for restaurants, bars, events.
· Supply sufficient inventory of promotional merchandise and oversee proper distribution of same during the event.
§ Budgets & Administration
· Stay within all assigned budgets.
· Complete monthly market reports and calendars in a timely fashion
· Complete biweekly expense reports
§ Other Duties/Special Projects:
· Create and deliver presentations to effectively educate groups of consumers, sales people, distributors and others on the history, properties and production of all our products and brands
· From time to time you will be expected to participate in a company organized special event or promotion. This may include time during a weekend or holiday and travel away from your home territory. Your usual responsibility may include crew drives, trade shows and other special projects as needed
- Beverage alcohol experience preferred.
- 3-5 years’ sales experience in on and off premise
- Proven success in sales call strategies
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are necessary.
- Well-developed influence and negotiation skills; persistent and persuasive
- Detail oriented and organized, excellent time management.
- Innovative and creative in approaching accounts and expanding business.
- Able to formulate account strategies and execute against them.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Thorough knowledge of the state and federal laws governing your activity. Familiarity with Distilled Spirits Counsel of the U.S. (“DISCUS”) Code of Responsible Practices and beverage alcohol laws and regulations a plus
- Professional demeanor in collaborating with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise between accounts within assigned territory.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and Photoshop or Illustrator
- BA required.
- Travel required.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave