About The Position
Position: Market Manager
Locations: Texas – Dallas & Fort Worth Region
The Market Manager is a full-time sales position focused on building the Casa Azul Spirits brands by calling on key on and off-premise accounts. The position is focused on forging and managing key account relationships, driving quality distribution through menu placements, staff training, merchandising and specialty events for the Casa Azul Spirits portfolio.
The Market Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales – Central.
Distribution and Key Account Management
• Accountable for driving high quality distribution of Casa Azul Spirits brands in identified target accounts and developing new prospects within assigned territory.
• Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review our brand priorities, execute events to drive sales at account level, and train account staff on brand attributes and selling points.
• Secure back-bar distribution, visibility and impactful menu placement plan in target accounts to enhance consumer pull and rate-of-sale.
• Guide accounts in effective merchandising through proper shelf management and brand visibility, and to ensure brand marketing materials and displays are utilized within your assigned account base.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining records of sales achievements/quotas and an organized list and plan for both on and off premise accounts.
• Build and maintain effective business relationships with the trade, bartending community, distributors, gatekeepers and local market influencers.
• Collaborate with distributor on brand and sales objectives, through ride-withs, team meetings, and general sales meetings.
Education and Training
• Conduct product education / samplings, educate store personnel and consumers and complete post sampling recap.
• Develop and manage brand and category trainings for key accounts and consumers, ensuring we are top of mind in the bartending community and within top tier accounts (both on and off-premise).
Events & Activation
• Help source consumer and trade events to generate trial and awareness of our brands.
• Set up and attend brand building promotions, on-premise and special events (retailer & consumer samplings, brand launches, cocktail contests, dinner pairings, etc.).
• Develop and promote specialty cocktails for brands, accounts, and PR efforts.
Local Market Insights
• Monitor and report competitive activity, brand movement, pricing, and distribution penetration and highlight opportunities to Marketing and Sales team.
Key Requirements and Skills
• Self-starting enthusiasm with can-do attitude.
• Able to work as part of a team and independently.
• A willingness to work full-time, non-traditional, late-night hours as required and travel throughout assigned territory and occasionally beyond.
• Must be reliable and possess a high level of work ethic to go above and beyond to accomplish goals.
• Proven ability to develop relationships and influence others (accounts, bartenders and distributor teams).
• Minimum 2 years of sales experience with a proven track record of achievement; people management a plus.
• Passion for artisanal and craft spirits.
• Resourceful, creative and organized with ability to manage timelines, budgets and event logistics
• Excellent communication and selling skills (both verbal and written).
• Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office Suite
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Physical capabilities necessary to complete duties of the job.
• Recognized credibility in local mixology / bartending community a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Off-premise sales, merchandising and in-store demos
• On-premise sales, marketing or promotion experience in the local market.
• Existing relationships with top accounts in the local market.