About The Position
New York Market Manager
Casa Amaras is an independently owned Mezcal company made with love and from love – love for Mexico, love of our roots, love of the land and love of the people who work there. We are dedicated to ensuring the growth of the Mezcal category and the sacred agave plant, so we ensure that we are 100% sustainable in all that we do so we can scale while maintaining respect to the land, the people and the plant. “Amaras” translates to “to love” so we hope you will come to love the culture, the company and the sacred agave plant of the Oaxacan Region.
- Drive the distributor’s focus and implementation of sales programming and brand building initiatives.
- Understand pricing models (structures, Combos, DA) and be able to build, adjust and propose pricing scenarios for all channels to achieve desired margin requirements for the Distributor and Amaras. Assess ROIs for all channels and ensure we’re always within our guidelines
- Build an annual plan to ensure goals are met and Amaras becomes the sought-after brand in the Market for trade, consumer and our distributor partners
- Effectively manage mutually agreed upon goals with the distributor as it relates to depletions, distribution and brand amplification
- Monitor this success and adjust accordingly for opportunities or course correct by channel if needed to reach our overall annual goals
- Flawless management of inventory. Build a demand forecast plan in anticipation of a high growth model
- Enact quarterly or bi-monthly incentives and programming with appropriate stakeholders
Off premise Management:
- Work with Distributor teams and present Mezcal Amaras portfolio to key buyers at liquor accounts
- Manage Mezcal Amaras business within those regional liquor chain partners – joint business planning, proper stock levels, distribution, promotions and pricing initiatives, ensuring margin integrity
- Build and cultivate effective relationships with regional liquor chains relevant within the respective territory and cater to each account to improve market share and growth for all parties
- Conduct regular meetings with regional liquor chain buyers to sell-in new products, programs and promotional activities.
- Review strategies to increase profitability and sales for products and buyers with Nielsen and other sales data platforms.
- Work directly with liquor managers, wine stewards and store directors to maximize exposure of Amaras Portfolio in the independents and regional chain liquor stores
- Survey the market at store level within assigned territory in order to track distributor execution and competition
- Routinely communicate/report market performance, distributor execution, competitive activity, key account activity to Supervisor and Distributor partners
- Be well versed with VIP/IDig/Karma to ensure data integrity and use iDig and KARMA as your source of sales analytics for account and distributor management. Build and manage Karma notes, dashboards daily. Adjust accordingly and provide recommendations on Team Board management, reporting and analytics.
- Review monthly distributor depletion reports to identify opportunities, underperforming accounts or potential loss of distribution within an account. Take appropriate actions to ensure market objectives are achieved
- Uncover opportunities for events, POS, tools of the trade and any opportunity for brand amplification of our philosophy
- Assist Marketing Team in development of new and existing marketing POS and liaise with various marketing companies to ensure marketing materials are produced in a timely fashion and within marketing budget constraints
- Ensure flawless execution of brand pricing strategy as directed by Supervisor
- Expectations to be in the field calling on accounts to sell in distribution and working with Distributor key personnel 3-4 days/week
- Actively develop and manage relationships with distributor personnel including Channel VPs, Merchandising VPs, Director of Sales, DMs, ADMs and Sales Reps
- Travel when appropriate to call on Maestro/target account buyers, distributor management and assist in Market blitzes/distributor launches
Regional On Premise & Key Account Management:
- Work with key stakeholders as it pertains to Hotels and Regional On-Premise account groups when possible - develop RFPs, obtain LTOs and build relationships with key hotel partners and regional on-premise buyers
- Develop a plan to target “Maestro” accounts and build long term partnership programs based on our philosophy vs pricing incentives
- Implement feature cocktail programs, Verde well programs, Amaras flight programs, Go! Verde nightlife and other account partner events.
- Create intimacy around the brand and integrate that with our on-premise partners to reinforce it mirrors/complements their mission
Ideal Background & Key Attributes:
- Must understand the importance of the delicate balance of being cautious while maintaining craftsmanship and building a global brand
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with an inclusive and respectful approach
- Must have a passion for the industry with proven success working within a high-growth, brand building environment
- Strong business acumen with a highly analytical skill set required
- Be a solid, capable leader who possesses the depth of experience to coach and mentor their teammates or potential direct reports
- Must have strong distributor relationships, understanding how to effectively motivate and manage distributor partners
- Will be responsible for “going deep” in the market and optimizing accounts both on and off premise
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry preferably with experience in both the on/off-premise channel.
- Ability to function effectively in a relationship driven, entrepreneurial business environment
- Agile and adept in adversity
- Ability to learn without coaching at times
- Understand the importance of balance in the workplace
- Understand their part in the contribution of building and nurturing of team culture
- Comfortable working remotely in a home office
- Bilingual in English/Spanish nice to have, but not required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Well versed in Office suites IDig, Karma Notes, Nielsen data and any other analytic tools to provide insights and Market assessments