About The Position
The Trade Development Manager will execute the sales strategy for WTRMLN WTR in the Metro NYC Area to increase customer loyalty, grow distribution, and increase company profitability.
Trade Development Manager-New York City Metro
About Origin Caribe:
Founded in 2014, Origin Caribe is a fast-growing natural juice company with operations in the US and
● Origin Caribe offers healthy beverages that are made by simply pressing and/or blending fruits
and vegetables. Origin Caribe’s products are minimally processed (no heat) and do not contain
any additives or preservatives.
● Origin Caribe has a 25,000 sq. ft. facility in the Dominican Republic, where it processes fruits and
vegetables, bottles, and HPP its products.
● Origin Caribe acquired the WTRMLN WTR brand, which is the industry leader in cold pressed
watermelon juice, in October 2020.
● Origin Caribe is currently selling their brands in Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, Albertson’s,
Ahold, Giant Eagle, Wegman’s, ShopRite, and others, and manufactures private label for Trader
● Origin Caribe is committed to running its business in a socially responsible manner. Origin Caribe
currently only sources their fruits and vegetables from over 100 small farmers in the Dominican
Must reside in or near New York City with access to your own vehicle.
Job Description Summary:
The Trade Development Manager will manage relationships as the Supplier sales representative with
our distributors, independent accounts, regional and local chains. You will be responsible for
communicating the marketing and sales strategies to our distributors and working closely with their
sales teams to execute with local retailers. Primary objectives will be to increase customer loyalty, grow
distribution, increase visibility, and build rate of sales across multiple classes if trade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Call on key accounts to ensure distribution, ordering, programming, brand familiarity, staff
trainings and proper visibility.
● Develop and maintain sales contact with assigned customers and new prospects.
● Maintain and expand existing distribution and volume sales.
● Partner with the Marketing team to execute programs that drive trial and velocity at retail.
● Schedule and conduct distributor team meetings to educate sales representatives of brand
standards and implement sales incentive programs to optimize sales performance.
● Manage market by working with brokers, and distributor sales representatives, including route-
rides, account visits, etc.
● Submit and review a weekly account report, Monthly Calendar and Sales Planner.
● Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, retail distribution, and competitive
activity and pricing.
● Work closely with the sales broker, distributor, and retail customers to ensure a high level of
execution against the annual business plan.
● Manage and track key performance indicators on a monthly basis to ensure sales teams are
achieving the annual plan and recommend appropriate course correction when necessary.
Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• At least 2 years consumer products sales experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must be available to work some weekends.
• Ability to travel 10% of the time to attend trade shows and regional meetings.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good written and verbal communications.
• Ability to Analyze and think strategically.
• Attention to Detail.
• Medical, dental, and vision
• Short and long-term disability
• Paid Time Off in accordance with company policy
*Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities
and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
**All candidates must be eligible to work for any U.S. Employer