About The Position
Cape Cod Package Store Fine Wine & Spirits is seeking an ambitious, motivated individual.
As our Store Manager you will become a vital member of our operations team. Responsibilities will include;
- Manage store inventory, product ordering and vendor relationships
- Coordinate receiving of product orders, as well as stocking of retail floor.
- Oversee all merchandising and floor displays.
- Responsible for ordering miscellaneous products and other product categories as needed.
- Assist in monitoring inventory of store, with weekly/monthly cycle counts, as well as an annual full store inventory.
- Purchase store supplies for the efficient operation of store & oversee other operating expenses as required.
- Provide a clean, safe environment for customers and employees, by adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Schedule store maintenance repairs and appointments.
- Manage security and emergency systems according to store policy and relevant legal requirements.
- Active participant in building relationships in our community, in order to build loyalty.
- Ensure the best possible customer experience, by being an attentive and confident salesperson and a role model for employees.
- Participate in product knowledge training with customers and staff
- Oversee and process store's online orders, including the scheduling of customer deliveries.
- Be familiar with the use of social media platforms for the benefit of building business and customer relations.
- Maintain a great work environment for employees by exhibiting a positive attitude, handling daily operations with respect and encouraging open communication.
- Maintain appropriate staff by recruiting, hiring, training, and reviewing job performance.
- Scheduling staff, including establishing and maximizing the payroll budget.
- Take an active role in implementing personnel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for disciplinary action when required, including terminating employees.
Professional Experience - Applicant should be able to demonstrate;
- Retail management experience
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Capacity to coach, motivate and train store employees
- Computer proficiency
- Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry is not required, yet will be viewed as an asset, including existing vendor relationships and product knowledge.
- Ability to perform physical tasks, as this position requires lifting, (up to 40lbs) stooping, bending and climbing stairs.
- Availability to work Evenings, Weekends, Holidays
Full Time Benefits include;
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Profit Sharing with 3% Match
- Two weeks Paid Vacation
- Disability and Life Insurance offered with employee contribution
Cape Cod Package Store is a 3rd generation family owned and alcoholic beverage retailer on Cape Cod celebrating 82 years in business. Offering an expansive selection of Fine Wine, Spirits and Craft Beer, including complimentary wine tastings. We are known for exceptional customer service and creating an educational experience with our customers.