About The Position
Cape Classics is looking for a dynamic and energetic sales specialist to join our team as a Regional Sales Manager for our Northeast Region (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, and VT)
The position will be concentrated on growing both volume and distribution of our portfolio of South African and French wines.
We are looking for someone who can execute the monthly and annual sales goals for the region via these channels:
* Continually foster current relationships and sculpt new ones to drive sales.
* Engage and motivate our distributor partners to meet or exceed their mutually agreed-upon annual/quarterly goals.
* Utilize existing connections with key retail partners and buyers to develop business.
* Schedule and conduct any and all in-store tastings, staff trainings, distributor and winemaker workwiths, and other trade/consumer event (wine dinner/in store tastings, e.g.) planning and execution (when applicable)
* Using our internal data and software systems (IDIG, KARMA, Distributor portals), strategically target accounts to grow or regain business.
* In time, provide input towards smart and effective pricing, incentives and deals with our operations and finance teams, and help manage regional budgets accordingly.
What You Need to Join our Family:
We are looking for someone with adult beverage sales experience who is resilient, tenacious, and patient, and has a strong ability to ‘find a way’ - and do it with sincerity and a smile.
The qualified candidate will live in one of the major Northeast states.
Candidates should be an enthusiastic beacon of professionalism and service to all customers (from distributor to trade to consumer), possess outstanding organizational abilities, sales skills (negotiating and closing in particular), exemplary listening skills, strong written and verbal communication, and have an open-minded approach to learning. A passion for wine/wine industry or travel is a plus.
You need to be comfortable working when your customers need you to – which could include late nights, early mornings, weekend or holidays as necessary to support sales. Under normal market conditions there is a significant amount of travel associated with this role, as the job requires face time with distributors, trade and consumers throughout your region.
Please send a cover letter.