Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
At Caliva, we believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. We cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable plant-based herbal solutions. We pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We were ranked #1 in the nation by Business Insider and stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting.
The purpose of the Wellness Store is to provide informed experiences and consultations that empower customers to choose plant-based health and wellness options that support their lifestyle.
You will focus on enabling and promoting our newest store concept, leading by example, coaching and mentoring the team while maintaining the best customer experience, product knowledge, and education. As a keyholder in a leadership role, the Wellness Supervisor is responsible for driving the day-to-day retail store operations and customer experience to achieve established goals through hands-on leadership and contributions. You will oversee various operational aspects of the business, including, but not limited to, processes that enhance the customer experience, inventory control procedures, supply procurement, back and front of house organization, visual standards, tracking and driving KPIs and sales goals.
What You'll Do
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- Serve as a proactive role model, mentor and coach for the team, driving positive morale.
- Lead by example at all times to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, store revenue and inspire the team to provide an unparalleled customer experience.
- Drive new and repeat customer visits by customer enabling experiences that are centered around product knowledge, consultations and high service standards.
- Support and lead store events, workshops and guest speaker series.
- Ensure the showroom sales floor is running efficiently, resolve customer and team concerns, manage employee breaks, clearly communicate priorities and objectives to the team.
- Drive all store KPIs: oversee the daily sales ledger, shift logs, tracking and reporting.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and ensure all checklists and associated paperwork is accurately completed.
- Be an active participant in all leadership meetings.
- Oversee and utilize all clienteling and appointment systems, execute clienteling best practices.
- Oversee and conduct customer consultations including pre-scheduled appointments.
- Assist customers with selecting the products most appropriate for their needs.
- Ensure education and awareness of all new and existing products and promotions.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping and organizational standards.
- Maintain professionalism in your appearance, attitude, and written and verbal communication.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Possess an interest in and strong passion for health and wellness.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience; cannabis and/or retail industry experience a plus.
This position will work in an indoor environment with a controlled temperature, may be exposed to bright lighting and loud equipment, and may have to work overtime and weekends as needed. Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and frequently use hand and finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- May have to lift up to 50 pounds, some squatting, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting at the waste.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass a background check including other requirements that may be city mandated.