Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
The Wellness Consultant role is to maintain the best customer experience at all time through customer service and product knowledge. They are responsible for welcoming our patients, ensuring they are cared for and treating them with respect. Wellness Consultants evaluate the needs of our patients and offer advice about our medical cannabis strains, our variety of products and their effects.
What You'll Do
- Greet every customer who enters the dispensary with a smile.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service creating a welcoming environment.
- Give new customers a tour of the display including flower tiers, concentrates, sprays, topicals, edibles, etc.
- Provide patient consultations regarding our products and their effects.
- Assist patients with selecting the products most appropriate for their needs.
- Communicate daily specials to customers.
- Stay educated on new and existing product knowledge.
- Recognize when customers may need additional help from a medical doctor, and let a manager know so that we can set them up with an appointment.
- Keep display cases clean, ensuring all product is represented in display cases and is organized.
- Keep dispensary clear of all trash.
- Communicate to Managers when;
- Extra change is needed.
- Bar codes are not scanning.
- The last of a product has been sold.
- Ask for help when needed (accumulating, discounts, etc).
- Contribute to marketing communications.
- Act as an ambassador of Caliva and the medical cannabis industry.
- Maintain professionalism in your appearance, attitude and verbal communications.
- Knowledge of basic cannabis laws.
- Familiarity with medical cannabis strains, products and effects.
- Ability to multitask and time manage.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Provide adequate levels of support to cultivation division.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to pass a background check conducted by the San Jose Police Department.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.