Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva's brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Wellness Consultant role is to maintain the best customer experience at all time through customer service and product knowledge. They are responsible for welcoming our patients, ensuring they are cared for and treating them with respect. Wellness Consultants evaluate the needs of our patients and offer advice about our medical cannabis strains, our variety of products and their effects. What You'll Do
What You Have
- Acknowledge every customer who enters the store with a welcoming disposition
- Demonstrate excellent customer service by creating a welcoming environment
- Provide customer consultations regarding our products and their effects
- Assist customers with selecting the products most appropriate for their needs
- Be a Caliva expert by remaining educated on new and existing products and promotions
- Keep display cases clean and ensure all product is fully represented and organized
- Maintain excellent housekeeping and organizational standards
- Stay informed of daily store goals and KPIs and commit to making a positive contribution
- Communicate effectively with all store leaders and team members and ask for assistance when needed
- Support the store experience by performing various operational tasks as needed
- Maintain professionalism in your appearance, attitude, and communication
Working Environment This position will work in a store environment with a controlled temperature and may have to work overtime and weekends as needed. Job Requirements
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values - Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience; cannabis industry experience a plus
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to stand, sit for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers for data entry, some lifting, squatting, bending, some pushing and pulling.