About The Position
The Supply Planning Manager is responsible for all inter-departmental coordination to define the Supply Plan to fulfill the Sales Forecast for the company in short, mid and long term basis.
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
This will involve constant interactions with the Demand Planning Team, Manufacturing, Procurement and Product Creation Teams. It will be required that there is a continuous assessment of the finished goods and raw material inventory to ensure that the adequate levels of inventory are maintained across the company network (Distribution Centers and Customer-facing Retail/Delivery locations).
What You’ll Do
- Set strategic direction for inventory levels required to fulfil the business plan needs.
- Develop and maintain raw material and finished goods procurement plan and production plan to meet the sales forecast in short, mid and long term.
- Review and revise production and fulfillment plans as required by changes in the sales forecast, manufacturing schedules, supply constraints and marketing milestones.
- Continuously monitor the shipments vs. forecast and tactically adjust plans as needed to ensure that downstream processes are not impacted.
- Initiate, lead and manage supply prioritization discussions during periods of supply and capacity constraints.
- Act as a liaison between Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Sales, Marketing, Sourcing and Procurement teams, as required.
- Play a pivotal role to ensure that such information, including shortages and excess stock levels are made visible and are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Ensure the manufacturing centers conform to the agreed production plans and the distribution centers maintain sufficient stock levels to support the sales plans.
- Ensure high quality communication while troubleshooting issues, problems and concerns.
- Analyze short-term (1-3 Months), mid-term (3-6 months) and long term (6-12 months) demand vs. supply needs, identify gaps if any, and signal issues in a timely manner so that the organization can work on a solution without an adverse impact on the business.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining replenishment triggers from manufacturing to the distribution centers.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional, supply chain projects as required.
- Manage direct reports, as relevant, to build a high performing team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Planning or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience at a CPG company preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supply planning / scheduling / fulfillment role (preferably for a manufacturer of consumer products) is preferred.
- ERP/MRP Systems Planning experience highly preferred.
- Proficient at data analysis using Excel at an expert level to drive business decisions.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment
- Proven ability to develop positive relationships with internal customers and external supplier partners.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis related vocabulary and products preferred but not required.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets. Occasionally required to travel to different dispensaries and locations throughout assigned area.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations if needed.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.