Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva's brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Senior HR Generalist is a key partner for the retail and operational leaders of the organization. This role will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities administering important functions such as staffing forecast, training and development along with compensation and benefits. The Senior HR Generalist will also be managing active HR initiatives for retail and operations business lines within the company; providing insights advice, and solutions for retention, growth and morale. What You'll Do
What You Have
- Leads, guides and coordinates with other human resources generalists to implement HR programs and initiatives
- Assists upper management with planning for business growth and individual team needs
- Works with team leads to identify key areas for career development and growth for employees; keeping teams aware of large-scale changes
- Acts as liaison between employee and management for all employee related issues
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Responsible for administrative function of onboarding and offboarding employees for assigned location
- Maintains frequent, regular, and visible presence to support workforce
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results in relation to established goals.
- Coordinates development plans and performance management
- Produces and manages reports on general HR activity for assigned area.
- Actively solicits feedback via exit interviews, surveys, etc. and using data to shape employee engagement programs
- Fosters a culture of open feedback, employee recognition, and partnership amongst everyone in the company
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values - Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Bachelor's degree in Human resources, related field or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years of Human Resources experience
- Must project a calm approach to diffuse sometimes emotionally charged situations, using common sense, an appropriate sense of humor, and professional discernment.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization, providing coaching and mentorship.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), comfortability with various software and databases.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with plant management personnel as well as the hourly and salaried workforce.
- ADP knowledge is a plus.
- Proven leadership and people management experience
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Frequent travel required.
- Requires travel to different dispensaries and locations throughout assigned area, particularly during peak times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Ability to use computer and calculator.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.