Retailer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
The Revenue Accountant performs company accounting operations and determines revenues and expenditures. You will be responsible for duties related to the month-end closing, annual audit, financial reporting, reconciliations and analysis for the Finance Department.
What You'll Do
- Embraces and demonstrates alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking
- Ensures revenue recognition processed and recorded in a timely and accurate manner with minimal order discrepancies, collaborating with Sales, Retail, and Collections teams as necessary.
- Assists in executing an efficient and accurate accounting close and reporting process, including reconciliations, preparation of journal entries, reporting and analysis for cash receipts, AR and other accounts.
- Provides input for on-going development and improvement on systems and operation processes, enabling repeatable processes, scalability, and the support of new business initiatives.
- Responsible for intercompany revenue reconciliation.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of US GAAP and possibly SEC reporting requirements.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with various cross functional teams across the company.
- Participates in cross functional project initiatives that will streamline the order to cash process.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with various cross functional leadership teams across the company.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data in a complicated entity structure.
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Success in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Proven track record of cross functional relationships across the organization.
- ERP System experience with Odoo a plus.
- Strong drive and great work ethic with a get it done attitude.
- Must be a positive, proactive, think outside the box, and organized team player with strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
- High attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining the big picture.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal guidance.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (such as pivot tables, vlookup, and data analysis).
- Cannabis industry experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Multi-entity, CPG, and Supply Chain experience in a high growth company.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers for data entry for 8 hours or more, some lifting, squatting, bending, some pushing and pulling.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must pass a background check with the San Jose Police Department.